Author Topic: Norton family in Lincolnshire  (Read 5154 times)

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Norton family in Lincolnshire
« on: Friday 12 March 04 15:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for the family of Alfred Lincoln Norton.He lived around the Wildmoor area(near Coningsby) and was buried there in 1885.He was married to a Mahala Susan Trafford.I think he was born in about 1846 and had a brother called William Lincoln Norton.His father was called William Lincoln Norton and he died in 1867/69 and is buried in Haugham cemetary.
He had one surviving child to my knowledge,called Rose Norton(my grandmother) who was born about 1882.She married a William Pacey and eventually moved to Holbeach in Lincolnshire.
Although at first glance it looks as if they have the double barrelled surnameof "Lincoln -Norton'birth,marriage and death certificates suggest that ' Lincoln' was actually a middle name.Very odd.I may be wrong on this.
If anyone has any information on this family I would love to know about it.
Thanks
Sue.
Nottinghamshire: Pacey Hoe Hubbard Taylor,Plumber,Ownsworth,Harvey
Lincolnshire: Pacey Ragsdell Trafford Skelton Norton Lincoln Chester Smith Gilbert Palmer Rawding Baggerley Pask Welch Wright Green Clarke Dawson Grey Johnson Burton Wright Scargall Day.
Bedfordshire: Timms Virgin Hallsworth Kirby Osborn Basset Nixson Harding Odell Clark Thompson.
Northamptonshire: Ragsdell Waller Coales Breem Peak Wallet. Drake.
Norfolk: Palmer Howard Harpely Codling Mark