Author Topic: thomas ker  (Read 2413 times)

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: thomas ker
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 June 07 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget, will contact Scotlands People, thanks.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kerrjs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Ker
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 December 16 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stoop
Could do with picking your knowledge on this one  -I've hit a right brick wall - for some reason I was under the impression  of :

Alfred Kerr - 1904 -  lancashire  -
John Charles Ker - 1880  - born Ireland  - lived and worked in Manchester 9mother Irish)
John Ker - 1849 - Gloucestershire 
James Ker  - 1811 - Annan
William Ker  & Nancy Holiday  Annan ... and so forth and my tree was looking ok! Until ....  a

Thomas Ker and Mary Slater came up don't know if you can shed any light on these two compared with William and Nancy ? All the records , no faults state James was born 1811 however there is another James Ker born December 1810  -

James Ker in Gloucestershire was a tea dealer and then later a traveller - he appears to have married twice but the marriage certificates are silent on his father.  Can you help ?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 December 16 23:26 GMT (UK) »
James b 1811 married Sarah Phillips Pattie they both lay in Terregles.  These are my half-sister's paternal g grandparents. 

The 1810 James and his family I looked at but never pursued. Perhaps Stoop did not sure.

Don

Offline kerrjs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 03 December 16 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info DonM -  It has to be the other avenue which I suspected