Author Topic: Meyers and Routledge  (Read 2681 times)

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
Meyers and Routledge
« on: Sunday 03 June 07 22:33 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me track down the marriage of Edward Meyers and Mary Jane Routledge, in Carlisle, 1881?

I tried looking through the microfilm held at Carlisle Library when I was up there on a recent visit, but had no luck. I think they were married at St. John's, London Road.
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Meyers and Routledge
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 June 07 03:24 BST (UK) »
1881 Mary Jane Routledge and Edward Meyers Carlisle Cumbria /Cumberland 10b 745 Dec quarter

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 June 07 12:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks Pam - I'll have to send off for the certificate!
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline Narnster

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 April 16 23:08 BST (UK) »
I'm new to this forum so I hope Stoney sees this message!  I've been reading through a lot of the threads on here and hope that I've just read something that is the missing link to what I've been wondering.  I've been looking for evidence that my gt gt grandmother, Mary Routledge, born Faugh c1820, is the sister of William Routledge, born Faugh c1826 as discussed in Stoney's threads on here.  I've just seen mention of a David Routledge who on the 1881 census is living (stated nephew) with Jacob Routledge who I believe to be my Mary's brother.  (I mean Jacob is her brother, not David.)  David seems to be the daughter of Mary Jane Routledge who is the daughter of William Routledge so this would connect them.  Can anyone confirm this?
Any nugget will be greatly appreciated!
Routledge, Newhouse, Rogers, Lowes/Lowis, Haddow, Coats, Graham, Boothman, Turner, Sanderson, Bowman, Ennis

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 April 16 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi! I've PM'd a reply for you!

Stoney

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 April 16 22:04 BST (UK) »
I've just seen mention of a David Routledge who on the 1881 census is living (stated nephew) with Jacob Routledge who I believe to be my Mary's brother.  (I mean Jacob is her brother, not David.)  David seems to be the daughter of Mary Jane Routledge who is the daughter of William Routledge so this would connect them.  Can anyone confirm this?
Any nugget will be greatly appreciated!

Yup - my Gt Uncle Dave (David Miller Routledge) was Mary Jane's son, no details of the father, but later in 1881 Mary Jane married Edward Meyers and in the various following census returns he appears either as David Meyers or Routledge and as 'son' or 'stepson' to the Head of the household (Edward Meyers). I don't think he was formally adopted by Edward. David never married or had children, but ran the family shop with one of his spinster sisters until his death (in the 1960's I think)

Hope that helps?!

Stoney