Author Topic: Thomson - Duntocher  (Read 24313 times)

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson - Duntocher
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to hear about Annie.
I'm in Australia, and I'm guessing that you are in Canada?  My info is that James & Ann moved to Ontario, is that correct?  Debbie (she posted the pic of Annie McBride) is in B.C.  We are both working on the Stewart family tree so don't be surprised if we try to pick your brains later.   ;D
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline JOAN MCB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 01:09 GMT (UK) »
Helen
You are right our family settled in Ontario.  Our Aunt Annie was the last member of the McBride Family.  She died just  8 days after her 92nd birthday.  I spoke with her the day before she died.

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Would you mind giving me the exact date of her death for my family files please?  I did write to her once or twice, that was after Pat died, but sadly let time go by without any more letters.
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joan,

i am Debbie - Gretta Coyle's daughter.  So now I know why I didn't receive a Christmas Card from Annie this year.  I was afraid that she had passed, but didn't know who I could contact to find out.  I am really thrilled to see you found us here in the Rootschat.   :)

(Thanks Helen for telling me to come look at this thread!)

Joan, are you in Ontario?  Helen and I have been working on the Stewart's for years, but we don't have too much on your Dad, or the rest of the McBrides, but what we do have, we are happy to share with you.

I have so many fond remembrances of Annie and Pat.  Singing the Who - I can see for miles and miles... Pat and I laughing and doing all the actions to that song.  Lunches in her spectacular garden in the Kent sunshine.  Visiting Canterbury Cathedral and having Pat act as the best guide ever.  Flora and Johnny McLafferty with their big smiles and lovely nature.

Yes, lots of really wonderful memories.  I am sure there are photos of us all together somewhere in my albums.

Over the years, I shared a lot of the family history with Annie, she loved it when I would send some old pictures or info on family we were in touch with over the internet.  92 was a grand age to attain though, but I'm sad to see Annie gone.  :'(

Joan, can you let me have the exact details on Annie's passing?  I want to let Annie Coyle in Hawaii, and Tony Coyle know.

Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 18 March 15 23:10 GMT (UK) »
What a lovely post Deb, I almost felt like I was in Kent with you.   :)

Offline JOAN MCB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 19 March 15 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Helen
Aunt Annie passed away last June 19,2014 at the age of 92.  She had just turned 92 on her birthday which was June 11. 

JOAN

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 19 March 15 02:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for that info Joan, it is greatly appreciated.   :)