Author Topic: Where has she gone... mising ancestor  (Read 1401 times)

Offline colwoodtom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where has she gone... mising ancestor
« on: Thursday 07 June 07 22:53 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I am new to this forum and not sure where to place this. Apologies if it is in the wrong place.

Ann(ie) Ayre Davenport was born in 1841 in Coleorton, Leicestershire. She was the daughter of John Davenport and Saran Ann (formerly Stinson).

I have Ann on all the census up to 1861 (she is living in Coleorton on all the census)

Annie acted as a witness in Nov 1862 in Islington at her brother's wedding, and is mentioned in her grandmother's will (grandmother died in 1865).

Can anybody find out what happened to Ann(ie) Ayre Davenport

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
Re: Where has she gone... mising ancestor
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 June 07 06:04 BST (UK) »
Hello colwoodtom

And welcome to Rootschat!

Firstly, join the club!  A lot of us have disappearing ancestors who drive us absolutely nuts!

I assume that you've looked on later censuses, and also for a marriage and a death.  Where have you looked?

Ancestry can have some major mistranscriptions at times.  If you've looked there without luck, and tried all name differences that you can think of, then maybe if you can check censuses somewhere else than Ancestry, it might be worthwhile.

Also if you've looked on freebmd, these indexes are not quite complete.  You could check the full indexes free on Ancestry (I think they are still free!)

Someone else might have some good ideas.

Of course, all of this may not work.  She might just have been beamed up with a lot of other ancestors for whom we are searching fruitlessly!  :( :(

MarieC
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Artypie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 May 17 08:52 BST (UK) »
I know this thread is old but for anybody who is still wondering about Annie, I found a record of a marriage in Canada whilst researching Leicestershire Davenports:

"Ontario, County Marriage Registers, 1858-1869," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q2T1-158M : 31 March 2017), James Little and Annie Ayre Davenport, 26 Nov 1868; citing Grey, Ontario, Canada, Archives of Ontario, Toronto; FHL microfilm 1,030,057.

Platts - Morrell - Smith - Humphrey - Hancock - Heritage - Wilkins - Satchell/Satchel - Brooks/Brookes - James - Brown - Wardle - Hall - Croson/Croston - Davis/Davies - Fox - Humber - Sibson - Cooke/Cook -Chapman - Musson - Mountney - Ward - Cullen - Mumford/Mumfoot - Hoverd - Scriven/Scrivins - Ward - Harvey - Groombridge - Bullock - Holt - Harris - Cooper - May - Downs

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 May 17 10:30 BST (UK) »
Absolutely nothing to do with me, BUT......
I salute you Artypie!!

How fabulous after 7 years, for you to come up with the answer.  :-*
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 May 17 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Artypie,

I hope colwoodtom is still around to get this message!  I love it when someone solves a mystery and you seem to have done that.  I live in hopes that somewhere, sometime, someone will solve the mysteries of my disappearing ones...
Martins in London and Wales, Lockwoods in Yorkshire, Hartleys in London, Lichfield and Brighton, Hubands and Smiths in Ireland, Bentleys in London and Yorkshire, Denhams in Somerset, Scoles in London, Meyers in London, Cooks in Northumberland

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 May 17 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Artypie,

I hope colwoodtom is still around to get this message!  I love it when someone solves a mystery and you seem to have done that.  I live in hopes that somewhere, sometime, someone will solve the mysteries of my disappearing ones...
Moi aussi!!  :D  Wouldn't that be luvverly!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline MarieC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • In Queensland, Oz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 May 17 11:43 BST (UK) »
Love it, mowsehowse!  ;D ;D