Author Topic: Ringwood Hampshire  (Read 13747 times)

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ringwood Hampshire
« on: Monday 11 June 07 11:31 BST (UK) »
As I use the library at Ringwood and they have the fiche etc here for Ringwood and villages around I can look up info. for anybody who has family connections
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline TarrantRingwood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ringwood Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 June 07 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hi.
Any information for the Tarrant family pre 1770 would be really useful thankyou!
I haven't been to Ringwood since my Grandmother died about 3 years ago; my family have been living there since at least 1700!!
My younger brother is buried in the cemetery there so it's about time I went back!
Thanks in advance!
Charlotte.

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 June 07 15:24 BST (UK) »
any info. on Edwin Charles Pascoe Holman artist who lived in Ringwood in circa 1935 would be good, i believe he was known as Pascoe Holman he married a Beatrice Cole and they had a child Edmund. (prior to living in Ringwood)
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Elizabeth Revel

• My email address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 June 07 09:41 BST (UK) »

Jane Harper who died, age 79, in Lymington in 1883 was born Jane Guy in Ringwood.
I would appreciate a lookup to see if there is a baptism for her in the 1800-1805 time frame with some parent's names.

She was married to William Harper and the first child about whom I have knowledge was born 1828 so a marriage around that time might also be a possibility.

Thank you.

Beth
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Lancashire and Cheshire: Harding, Turner, Gandy, Rigby, Bancroft, Moorcroft, Wright
Wiltshire: Webb, Hayter, Mussell, Curtice, Sheppard
Hampshire: Harper, Rawlings
Ireland: Revels, Qua, Alexander, Clegg
Bucks, Northants, Derby, Leicester and Cheshire: Spokes, Glover, Sturgess, Attewell, Whiting, Lester, Hall

Offline Deborah Boss

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 June 07 21:00 BST (UK) »
A lookup would be really good.

My aunt* Emily and uncle Thomas Sumerhay(e)s had several children born in Ringwood:
Thomas Charles ca 1847
William Frank ca 1849
Emmie Jessie ca 1851
Ada Rosa ca 1853

I have found out a lot about the above and the other children born to the same couple.  I am interested in any and all details of the christenings (if available).

Thanks
Deborah

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 June 07 09:47 BST (UK) »
Will get back to you all when I have done the reseach. Ann
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline Paul Caswell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me in my natural state
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 16 June 07 10:26 BST (UK) »
Could you try to find a Thomas Stockley b1858? I am looking for a correct middle name, he appears on census looking something like Thomas Inp Stockley.

Thank you very much for your time.

Paul

Caswell - Durham(Jarrow), Northumberland(Berwick), Dorset(Netherbury)
Drury - Middlesex(Kensington), Shropshire(Oswestry/Selattyn)
Turner - Dorset(Parkstone)
Speight - Essex(Braintree), Kent(Gravesend), Westmorland(Kendal)
Stockley - Dorset(Corfe Castle)
Amey - Suffolk(Haverhill)
Cousins - Norfolk(Ketteringham)
Sears - Bedfordshire(Potton), Cambridgeshire(Gamlingay)
Census information is Crown Copyright

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 June 07 10:08 BST (UK) »
Look ups for Tarrant:-
Lots of Tarrants 1761 to 1882
(bpt) John 18/1/1769 to John and Ann Tarrants
(bpt) Ann  16/2/1761 to Josia

Look ups for Elizabeth Revel:-
No (bpt) for Jane Guy Ringwood  only
Hannahs in 1802/1803/5
Martha 1803
Guy is a Ringwood name, perhaps (bpt) in a village outside Ringwood I will need more time to look through the village reg.
Only a Henry Harper (B) 12 Nov. 1823 to William and Martha he was a gamekeeper They are not on the 1841 census

Look ups for Deborah Boss:-
Summerhays children of Emily & Thomas he was Railway Station master

Ada Rosa (bpt) 16/4/1854
Emmie Jessie (bpt) 2/4/1852
William Frank   "     2/4/1852
No Thomas Charles listed

Toni did not have time to look but will do so for (M) of Edwin Holman

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 18 June 07 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Moors

Re: Edwin Charles Pascoe Holman

I have his birth in Honiton,
I have his address for the 1901 census in which he was working as an assitant teacher at the school of art  and i have his marriage in Tavistock and the birth of his (first?) child Edmund in Totnes

Holman, Edwin Charles Pascoe (flour 1918-39). Watercolour landscape painter who lived in Dorset c.1929 to 1935. Exhibited at the Royal Cambrian Academy, Royal Society of Artists, Birmingham, and elsewhere.

Southampton Art Gallery own two paintings The beach at Newquay and ? - although not necessarily on show. He lived In Ringwood Hants around 1936, according to Malletts Index of Artists

he was a working artist certainly during 1918-39 and was living in Ringwood, Hampshire in 1935.

I do not have his death or details of any other children he may have had.

i know how to find the death but unsure on how to find any other details on him as these would come under the 100 year rule.

Don't worry about looking him up, thanks for the offer

Toni
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive