Author Topic: 1841 census lookup for Barham  (Read 8703 times)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census lookup for Barham
« Reply #27 on: Monday 05 April 10 23:27 BST (UK) »
Helenna

This is interesting ................... following on from an earlier comment of mine that a good amount of land in Monks Horton was owned by a Col. Henry Montague I now see that Horton Park, Monks Horton was actually owned by the Honourable Lieut. Col. Henry MONTAGUE in 1843 http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Maps/MOK/02.htm

Have you made any progress in the meantime?

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lisingreece

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census lookup for Barham
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 07:42 BST (UK) »
Henry G Montague does not appear to have been christened in Bridge.

Lis
Bailey, Stickells,  Marshall,  Hope, Morris, Wratten, Hope,  Knowler, Lonkhurst,  Gower,  Ratcliffe, Newport,  Boulden,  Stokes,  Beverley, Law, Lushington,  Parham,  Thorpe,  Piddleden,  Swaffer, Wide, Wood,  Austen, Eastes,  Hulke,  Banes, Hadley, Denne, Mullet, Dove, Mackney,all in Kent

Offline helenna

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Henry Grahame Montagu
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 14 August 11 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Montagu-Griffin
Wonder if you are still around after all this time.  I am still searching for the elusive Henry Grahame Montagu's parents and have just been handed a newspaper article re Dukes of Manchester and there rather lurid history and did wonder if you would perhaps have any further information relating to them.  I did notice in this article that a Lady Mary Montagu is mentioned and do query if she was the person mentioned by Henry G Montagu.
I appreciate this is a long shot but would appreciate any information you could give.
I sincerely hope you dont mind me contacting you re the above.

Best Wishes
Helenna
Hello Helenna, I'm a Montagu descended from the first Earl of Manchester.  I've seen your query re. Henry Graham Montagu.  This could be a complete red herring but one of my ancestors George Conway Courtenay Montagu (b.1776 d. 1847) of Lackham House, Wiltshire may have had 2 illegitimate children by two servants.  These children were sent (with their mothers) to the work house.  I came across this information on the internet posted by Tony Pratt who was researching the Montagu family at Lackham.  I wonder if there could be any link?
Not to sure if I have got this right as I did send a reply a short time ago, so hope you got it.
Nice to hear from another Montagu.
Helenna