Author Topic: Mayo to Manchester 1840'/50's  (Read 5331 times)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Mayo to Manchester 1840'/50's
« on: Friday 12 March 04 21:29 GMT (UK) »
My 3x Great grandparents William Flynn and Bridget Gough came to UK from the Bekan area of Co Mayo . I am trying to compile a data base of Mayo people in Manchester, Liverpool and Wolverhampton if any one has any information
Gill Rice
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:Mayo to Manchester 1840'/50's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 March 04 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Do you have an idea what year William was born ?
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re:Mayo to Manchester 1840'/50's
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 March 04 22:14 GMT (UK) »
William was born circa 1810-15. He died in December 1874 in Potts street, Ancoats.

His first child Elizabeth Flynn was born in Ireland c1835
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline barlews

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mayo to Manchester 1840'/50's
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 February 05 00:29 GMT (UK) »
I have only just found this site so I am replying rather belatedly.
My Farthing family came from the Killala area of Mayo.They settled mainly in Broughton, Salford around 1873. George 1847 was a policeman. His parents and brother joined him in there. The other two brothers went to Durham.
Hope this help
Barbara
Heard, Farthing, Sene, Tomlinson, Denford, Chudleigh or Chudleigh, Lewis, Charlton, Hawkins, Oliver,

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mayo to Manchester 1840'/50's
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 February 05 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Barbara Thanks for your message

I've been to Killala a few times - I love that area

It's not so very far from where my family came from

I was interested in the info on Durham - I think that  quite a few Irish people left Manchester for that area

Thanks alot

Gill