Author Topic: Hugh Wagstaff/Margaret Weir  (Read 31216 times)

Offline boudica

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Wagstaff/Margaret Weir
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 05 March 14 10:02 GMT (UK) »
Please get in touch with me.   I have the information you require re Lawrence/James Parker Niven.   My husband was James Parker Niven's grandson!    I would really like to set up a link with you,.   Boudica.

Offline Watchernz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 31 May 15 11:38 BST (UK) »
Boudicca - cannot reply to you private chat but you are correct my grandparents were William (Jock) and Rimu Niven.

would love to know more about my grandfathers brother
Quote from: boudica

[quote author=boudica link=topic=239430.msg5162867#msg5162867 date=1387279825
I have photos of William Niven/Remu - would you be interested in viewing them?
best wishes and happy new year.  boudica

link=topic=239430.msg5243474#msg5243474 date=1394013774]
Please get in touch with me.   I have the information you require re Lawrence/James Parker Niven.   My husband was James Parker Niven's grandson!    I would really like to set up a link with you,.   Boudica.
[/quote]

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 01 June 15 16:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Watchernz,

Boudica's emails do not appear to be working at the moment, I have just sent her a message about your reply but we may have to wait for boudica to log in to receive it.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Watchernz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 01 June 15 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Thanks for doing that

Jenny

Offline stonehewer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 06:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am a newby to RootsChat and I am here because I was told about the Niven family search and the NZ and Newbold connections. Jane Niven, nee Newbold, born circa 1837 was the daughter of my gt.gt.gt uncle Captain Thomas John Newbold (1807-1850). We have been trying to find what happened to descendants of William Brown Niven (aka Jock) and Remu Emily Holmes. Their son Henry James Niven (1949-1973) died in Rotorua, did he leave a family or have any siblings? We live in NZ and would love to know.

Offline Watchernz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 04 April 18 07:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am a newby to RootsChat and I am here because I was told about the Niven family search and the NZ and Newbold connections. Jane Niven, nee Newbold, born circa 1837 was the daughter of my gt.gt.gt uncle Captain Thomas John Newbold (1807-1850). We have been trying to find what happened to descendants of William Brown Niven (aka Jock) and Remu Emily Holmes. Their son Henry James Niven (1949-1973) died in Rotorua, did he leave a family or have any siblings? We live in NZ and would love to know.

My grandparents were William Brown Niven (Jock) and Rimu Emily Niven (née Holmes). They had two sons, my uncle Harry (Henry James Niven) who was killed in a car crash in 1973 and my father, Laurence Alexander Niven (Sandy) who was born in Wellington in 1940 and passed away in Takanini Auckland in 2016. Uncle Harry had no issue and my father had four children, Margaret, Jennifer (me), Douglas and Andrew. Margaret and her family are in Australia, and Andrew and his family are in Germany. Dad (Sandy has 13 grandchildren and one great grandchild who currently are located in NZ, Germany, Australia and France.

Offline stonehewer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 07 April 18 00:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Watchernz, thank you for the new information we only knew about your uncle. If you are interested we have quite a bit of information about your gt. gt grandmother & gt. gt. grandfather. We are in Auckland.