Author Topic: 1841 census lookup; William Rees Merthyr completed  (Read 7206 times)

Offline NYGaPeach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 census lookup; William Rees Merthyr completed
« on: Friday 22 June 07 05:52 BST (UK) »
Could someone lookup in the 1841 census for William Rees  100 High Street  Merthyr Tydfil please?  His wife had died in 1835 so he should be listed with a couple/few kids.  [ some children had died as well]

THANK-YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chairlady

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census lookup; William Rees Merthyr
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 June 07 08:49 BST (UK) »
Can't find him in High St., Merthyr, do you have any other info? 
these are the only 2 William Rees living in High Street in Merthyr registration district.
HO107/1415/08
High St., Pontmorlais, Merthyr
William Rees 30 tailor no
Sarah Rees 30    no
Mary Rees 10    no
Elizabeth Rees 9    no
Jane Rees 2    no
Thomas Rees 15 tailor journeyman yes
Walter Jenkins 15 tailor journeyman no

HO107/1420/10
High St., Newbridge, Pontypridd
William Rees 30 mason yes
Catherine Rees 30    yes

regards
Any Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching Knapp, McNair, Rees, Hemingway, Newland, Luce, Jobson.

Offline NYGaPeach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 June 07 13:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for taking the time to look this up.  I had gotten my information from a cousin but now I am confused. 
Other information I have was gleaned from a book.  It states that William and Maria Mason Rees lived at 102 High St in Merthyr Tydfil [not 100 High St] and that they attended the Wesleyan Church.  Maria died in 1835 so would not be on the 1841 census.  Their children were: Naomi, Maria and John.  I wonder if they were not always at the same address {!?!}
The mystery continues.  I have never been to Wales.  Maybe one day I will be able to go and sort this all out. 
Thanks again for your time.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 June 07 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi NYGaPeach

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

I see that your rellies have just been found on your other thread

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,240051.msg1302359.html#msg1302359

(I didn;t spot them, so that was well done!)

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline NYGaPeach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 June 07 14:35 BST (UK) »
Yes, everyone has been so wonderful!  I wish I could do something for someone else.   ;)  Here, in New York I take pictures of gravesites for people who live far away and request pictures of their ancestor's graves.  It is always so wonderful to help others.
Thanks for trying.

Offline Aroberts3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census lookup; William Rees Merthyr completed
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 September 11 01:09 BST (UK) »
Could someone lookup in the 1841 census for William Rees  100 High Street  Merthyr Tydfil please?  His wife had died in 1835 so he should be listed with a couple/few kids.  [ some children had died as well]

Did you find William?  My ancestor William's wife died in 1835 and his daughter died too.  Here is their story.
http://welshmormonhistory.org/index.php?/resources/view/2943

I am trying to find out about William's siblings and parents.

Please help!

Thanks!

Angela

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 September 11 02:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Angela  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

NYGaPeach has not been on here since 2007 but may receive a notification of your reply if they still have the same email address.

Have you checked the other thread relating to this family?
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,240051.0.html

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline JHREES0112

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 October 13 20:47 BST (UK) »
I was unable to go to the link...These are the people I am looking for also, not much info...here is what I have:
William Rees:
?? Birth  1799  Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan Co, Wales Find all individuals with events at this location 
Parents: Father:  David Rees,   b. 1770, Glamorgan or Swansea Co, Wales d. 1828, Lower Merthryr Tydfil, Glamorgan Co,   Mother:  Mary Richards,   b. 1773,   d. 1815 42y  (Married  11 Oct 1795  St. David's Church, Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorgan Co, Wales)
Misc Info:  On the "Josiah Bradlee" was a William Rees, age 49, with his son John, age 15, and his daughter Maria, age 19. The age and name fit for this John Rees. The name "Maria" is not a common one in Wales and suggests that the wife of William Rees, and the mother of John and Maria, may have been Maria also.
William and Maria Mason Rees lived at 102 High St in Merthyr Tydfil [not 100 High St] and that they attended the Wesleyan Church.  Maria died in 1835 so would not be on the 1841 census.  Their children were: Naomi, Maria and John.  I wonder if they were not always at the same address {!?!}

Did you find William?  My ancestor William's wife died in 1835 and his daughter died too.  Here is their story.
http://welshmormonhistory.org/index.php?/resources/view/2943

I am trying to find out about William's siblings and parents.

Please help!

Thanks!

Angela

Offline JHREES0112

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 24 October 13 20:49 BST (UK) »
The link you put in your message just takes me to a message board and not any specific one and I can't find the information  :'(  These are also my husbands direct line and I am having so much trouble finding info about them!!  Really want to find out who William's father and grandfather were...if that is possible.

Hello Angela  :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

NYGaPeach has not been on here since 2007 but may receive a notification of your reply if they still have the same email address.

Have you checked the other thread relating to this family?
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,240051.0.html

Kind Regards
Morgan