Author Topic: Caldwell family  (Read 6495 times)

Offline braveheart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Caldwells from 1700 to present
    • View Profile
Caldwell family
« on: Sunday 14 March 04 05:40 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information on the family of John Caldwell b.1700 in L'Derry and who migrated to Nova Scotia, Canada in 1771 via New York.  His son was James Caldwell whose family also migrated, James' son Johnand his children also went.  I am trying to find the names of the wives and any other siblings of thesefamilies that may have stayed back in Ireland, please help if you can, I would love to find the name of the ship on which they travelled also...BH
Caldwell, Mortimer, Radcliffe

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Caldwell family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 December 04 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Braveheart

Sorry we haven't been able to help you so far on this one. 

Have you made any progress,  or do you have any further details that could help someone to find what you are looking for?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes 

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline vbergmann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Caldwell family
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 March 05 02:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi BH,

I am a descendant of this John Caldwell, only there seems to be a little difference in our data. I have John Caldwell born abt 1740 in Londonderry. Then coming to Nova Scotia with son John (b. 1761, Londonderry), daughter Mary, b. 1763, son Samuel b.1769 , son Joseph, born enroute on the ship at New York.
I am trying to determine who John E. Caldwell's wife was. Since there seems to be no record of her in Nova Scotia, she may have died during the birth of Joseph.
I'd be interested to know if you have any further findings since you posted this message a year ago.

GB in NS

I am looking for any information on the family of John Caldwell b.1700 in L'Derry and who migrated to Nova Scotia, Canada in 1771 via New York.  His son was James Caldwell whose family also migrated, James' son Johnand his children also went.  I am trying to find the names of the wives and any other siblings of thesefamilies that may have stayed back in Ireland, please help if you can, I would love to find the name of the ship on which they travelled also...BH

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Caldwell family - John son of Samuel Caldwell
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 June 18 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just reading some RCB Anglican information online and notice the Dec 1702 baptism of a John Caldwell, son of Samuel and Elizabeth Caldwell of Griffinstown, Killucan, Co. Westmeath at Killucan Parish.

Cheers