Author Topic: Kent / Sussex Travellers  (Read 53240 times)

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kent / Sussex Travellers
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 June 08 18:24 BST (UK) »
I have a Mary Brazil, and a Charity Wilson.  Both connected to the Roberts family in Sussex/Kent.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline Romany Roser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 June 08 04:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve & Rebekahm- In reply to your Post. My Rom Grt Grt Grand mother was Diana(h) Wilson . I think she was from Kent. She married William Roser/Rosaire and came to Western Australia in 1842 per "Simon Taylor". They brought their children and had a few more here in W.A. I located them with their family on the 1841 census for East Grinstead Common. This was the year before they came to Australia. Can you help me at all with the Wilson family. I know very little about them in UK. I do know that the Wilson's were Fair Ground people and the connection to the Rosaire & Guess family is shown on the Wilson Family Tree site on the net. I would appreciate any help and names that you could give me. Apart from this site you can contact me on

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You

Maybe we could exchange family tree's- Roser

Offline Romany Roser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 June 08 04:18 BST (UK) »
Kerry- can you tell me the name of the flower on your profile. It is beautiful- Roser

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 June 08 07:03 BST (UK) »
Kerry- can you tell me the name of the flower on your profile. It is beautiful- Roser
Hi Roser

Its a hellebore.

Kerry  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 August 08 22:46 BST (UK) »
hi roser.i call them christmas roses.i have quite a few in my garden.they are supposed to flower at christmas but mine always come about march!love cathay
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline Romany Roser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Cathay- I have never seen them before and I don't know if we have them in Western Australia. It's probably to hot for them but they could grow down south. Are they a bulb- Roser

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 10:35 BST (UK) »
no dear,they are grown from seed.i wonder if i could send you some.they come in all colours.i think we had better put this on a gardening thread!!!love casthayb
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline zabini

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 22 January 09 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have just discovered confirmed links with Hedges stemming from Eden Brewer from Surrey & links with Kent.  My mother's grandmother was Elizabeth Hedges, her father was the son of Eden Brewer, born in Surrey, married in Hadlow Kent.

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 23 January 09 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Im afraid I dont have a Diana Wilson, my Charity had siblings Jane and Mary Ann. Their mother was Patience. Their father John was originally from Durham area.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).