Author Topic: Cockayne Charlotte a mystery.  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cockayne Charlotte a mystery.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 July 17 20:13 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Ashbourne area and would have been born around 1840/50's possibly 60's....my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 at Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:37 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Rosetta Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Alfreton/ Swanwick area and would have been born around 1850's possibly 60's....my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 at Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:40 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Alfreton area and would have been born around 18/50's possibly 60's....my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 they lived in Pinxton Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:41 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believe that they came from the South Notts/Derbys area and would have been born 1850/60's era......Sarah married Herbert/Barratt/Barrett, possibly from Alfreton....   My Grandmother Lucy was their first born, April 14th 1888 followed by 6 siblings, they lived in Pinxton........does this help ?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:43 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Rosetta Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Ashbourne area and would have been born around 1850/60s ...........my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 they lived in Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:44 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believe that they came from the South Notts/Derbys area and would have been born 1850/60's era......Sarah married Herbert/Barratt/Barrett, possibly from Alfreton area....   My Grandmother Lucy was their first born, April 14th 1888 followed by 6 siblings, they lived in Pinxton........does this help ?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 20:30 BST (UK) »
But I thought you said she married a William Bradley, so where does William Nickerson fit in ? - libralady....

Offline cheshiremog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • JACHs Jacksdale Area Culture & Heritage Group
    • View Profile
    • Jacksdale Heritage & Community
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynn, the Charlotte Cockayne who married William Nickerson is a generation before, so Charlotte's auntie.  She is the one who disappears.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
General Information relating to villages of JACKSDALE, PYE HILL & WESTWOOD Notts
Cheshire - TAYLOR, HEAPY, KNOWLES, HAMPSON, CLAYTON, STONIER, PRITCHARD, NADIN, GALLIMORE
Staffs - HEAPY
Devon - CLIFT, VITTERY, TRIST, MOLLOY, COBLEY, LEAR, GUILFOYLE, BICKFORD, EPPS, BEAZLEY, DARKE, LANG, QUANT, BLANKENSHIP
Devon & Cornwall - CLIFT, LARK
Somerset -Frome -HEAPY
Derbys/Notts- COCKAYNE, PHEASEY, KNOWLES

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 23:46 BST (UK) »
Oh right, okay, was just a bit confused......hope you are okay......libralady   

PS Found the photo,  I thought I had lost.......