Author Topic: Cockayne Charlotte a mystery.  (Read 5462 times)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cockayne Charlotte a mystery.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 July 17 20:13 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Ashbourne area and would have been born around 1840/50's possibly 60's....my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 at Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:37 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Rosetta Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Alfreton/ Swanwick area and would have been born around 1850's possibly 60's....my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 at Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:40 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Alfreton area and would have been born around 18/50's possibly 60's....my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 they lived in Pinxton Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:41 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believe that they came from the South Notts/Derbys area and would have been born 1850/60's era......Sarah married Herbert/Barratt/Barrett, possibly from Alfreton....   My Grandmother Lucy was their first born, April 14th 1888 followed by 6 siblings, they lived in Pinxton........does this help ?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:43 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Rosetta Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the Ashbourne area and would have been born around 1850/60s ...........my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett and my gran  (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 they lived in Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:44 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believe that they came from the South Notts/Derbys area and would have been born 1850/60's era......Sarah married Herbert/Barratt/Barrett, possibly from Alfreton area....   My Grandmother Lucy was their first born, April 14th 1888 followed by 6 siblings, they lived in Pinxton........does this help ?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 20:30 BST (UK) »
But I thought you said she married a William Bradley, so where does William Nickerson fit in ? - libralady....

Offline cheshiremog

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • JACHs Jacksdale Area Culture & Heritage Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynn, the Charlotte Cockayne who married William Nickerson is a generation before, so Charlotte's auntie.  She is the one who disappears.
UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
General Information relating to villages of JACKSDALE, PYE HILL & WESTWOOD Notts
Cheshire - TAYLOR, HEAPY, KNOWLES, HAMPSON, CLAYTON, STONIER, PRITCHARD, NADIN, GALLIMORE
Staffs - HEAPY
Devon - CLIFT, VITTERY, TRIST, MOLLOY, COBLEY, LEAR, GUILFOYLE, BICKFORD, EPPS, BEAZLEY, DARKE, LANG, QUANT, BLANKENSHIP
Devon & Cornwall - CLIFT, LARK
Somerset -Frome -HEAPY
Derbys/Notts- COCKAYNE, PHEASEY, KNOWLES

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 01 August 17 23:46 BST (UK) »
Oh right, okay, was just a bit confused......hope you are okay......libralady   

PS Found the photo,  I thought I had lost.......