Author Topic: Cockayne Charlotte a mystery.  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cockayne Charlotte a mystery.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 July 17 21:30 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believe that they came from the South Notts/Derbys area and would have been born 1850/60's era......Sarah married Herbert/Barratt/Barrett, possibly from Ashbourne....   My Grandmother Lucy was their first born, April 14th 1888 followed by 6 siblings, they lived in Pinxton........does this help ?

Lynn (libralady)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 July 17 21:33 BST (UK) »
Debra...... I got the photo of the women, I believe Sarah is the one in the middle........Did you receive my replies ?    Lynn (Libralady)  XXX

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 July 17 09:27 BST (UK) »
My Great Grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believe that they came from the Notts/Derby border area and would have been born around 1850/60's .........My great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett possibly from Ashbourne and my grandmother was (Lucy) being the 1st child, born April 14th 1888 at Pinxton, followed by 6 other siblings..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 July 17 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Trish - For some reason I have lost the info and photo you sent to me, how it happened I do not know, could you please, forward the info and photo to me again as I wish to pass it on to my family....I apologise for the inconvenience.....Many thanks........Libralady (Lynn)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 July 17 09:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Libralady,
I am not related to the Family at all and dont have the photo. I just PM'd you to explain how to look at the whole photo.

It is cheshiremog who put the photo on here and is interested in the Cockraynes.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 July 17 10:29 BST (UK) »
Many thanks - Sorry to have bothered you....have a nice day Libralady  xxx

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 July 17 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Cheshiremog -We seem to be at cross purposes here, I have been replying to a person called Trish instead of you, that is probably why I have not heard from you again.......I have lost the info you sent me along with the photo, do not know what went wrong, but it has all disappeared, I am new to the site and it is all still a bit daunting, maybe I pressed wrong key......I would be very grateful, if you could send the info and photo to me again so that I may forward it onto my family........Sorry for the inconvenience caused....Have a nice day,     luv Libralady (Lynn)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 July 17 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hello there -----It's me again, what a nuisance I seem to be......found all the info, so no need to send it all again.........Sorry, have a nice day...Libralady (Lynn)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 23 July 17 10:59 BST (UK) »
My great grandmother was Sarah Cockayne and had a twin sister called Charlotte Cockayne - I believed that they came from the South Notts/Derbys area and would have been born around 1850's possibly 60's....my great grandmother married a Herbert Barratt/Barrett possibly from Ashbourne and my grandma (Lucy) being the 1st child was born April 14th 1888 at Pinxton..........does this help?

Lynn (libralady)