Author Topic: ***COMPLETED***RUABON Connection  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
***COMPLETED***RUABON Connection
« on: Friday 10 December 04 10:08 GMT (UK) »
This is the obit of my GG Grandfather from 1937:-

One of the oldest inhabitants of Welshpool, Mr David Jones of 8 Bear Yard, died on Sunday at the age of 90 years.  A native of Welshpool, he had lived in the town all his life, and for about thirty years was a macebearer to the Corporation.  His wife died 23 years ago.  He is survived by one son & six daughters - Mr William Jones, Bootle, Mrs Williamson, Bootle, Mrs Oliver, Welshpool, Mrs Lightwood, Ruabon, Mrs Grice, Welshpool, Miss M Jones 8 Bear Yard and Mrs England.  The funeral took palce on Friday, interment being at St Mary's Churchyard.  The Vicar Ref F R Baldock conducted a service in the church and officiated at the graveside, where the Oddfellow's funeral oration was read.

This whole family is one of my brickwalls.

Is anyone else researching the LIGHTWOOD name?  If so please contact me.

Thank you

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RUABON Connection
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 April 05 09:12 BST (UK) »
In the 1901 Census for Shropshire there is a Mary E Lightwood 41 years old listed as born in Ruabon.She is the Wife of a Samuel Lightwood who was born in St martins where the Couple are living with there Family.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: RUABON Connection
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 April 05 16:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that :D

Unfortunately, I don't think she's mine because I do know that all David's children were born in Welshpool MGY.

I'll keep searching ;)

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand