Author Topic: John Archdeacon Murphy d. 1922 - help!  (Read 4641 times)

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Archdeacon Murphy d. 1922 - help!
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 September 16 01:47 BST (UK) »
Hello ber, I  will check to see if I can find Willilam J. Noonan in the following US census records which include 1920, 1930 and 1940. Also, I will look at the www.findagrave.com site in the hope that if he remained in the US he will be buried here.  I'll check these sites and see if I can pick him up on any passenger lists. I will admit, tho, that my forte is NOT American searching as my Father was born in England and most of my searching has been in England. Nevertheless, I should add that I did some searching in Ireland for my husband's paternal roots. I had limited success but the trail for his Hughes went cold when they emigrated to the US as Potato Famine immigrants..  Anyway, I digressed and I will see what more I can find out about the mysterious William J. Noonan. SO GREAT to hear from you and I look forward to many more exchanges.  Net message I will send you details about John Archdeacon Murphy. Most sincerely, Pat 
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Archdeacon Murphy d. 1922 - help!
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 September 16 03:15 BST (UK) »
Hello ber, I have searched for William J. Noonan in following US census records and found no joy. Since he was living in Buffalo, New York in 1910 I wonder if there is a possibility that he just "crossed the bridge" and went to live in Canada? Did the family have anyone who migrated to Canada?

I do have additional information about more American connections for you but i strongly suspect they may be living, so Rootschat forbids me posting that information. In the alternative, I am sending you a PM (personal message) with details. You will also be notified if anyone or myself makes any postings to this query in the future.

Sincerely, patrexjax
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL