Author Topic: Leipers from Aberdeen area  (Read 2143 times)

Offline kaaren

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Leipers from Aberdeen area
« on: Wednesday 04 July 07 22:51 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Leiper name from the Aberdeen area.  I am specifically looking for info about James Leiper (b.c1905-1910) who married a Campbell in about 1932 in Aberdeen.  I believe he died in the late 1950s\early 1960s.

If anyone has any info on James Leiper (or his father of the same name), I would be very pleased to hear from them.  Unfortunately the information I have is fairly vague, and the Leiper name is not that uncommon in the Aberdeen area.  I also believe James Leiper senior was an itinerent worker so tracking him down on the census forms is proving somewhat difficult!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Karen
Dunn - Bermondsey/Battersea/Southwark
Pemberton - Southwark/Lambeth
Thornton - Battersea/Wandsworth
Wake - Southwark/Mitcham
Burkett - Manchester (bef 1825)
Whichelow - Bermondsey
Stamp - Bermondsey
McQuillin - Southwark
Bayfield - Shoreditch (bef 1850)
Wedwick/Whittick - Bloomsbury
Leiper - Aberdeen

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Leipers from Aberdeen area
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 July 07 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen

I have found one possible for you in 1906 at Scotland's People. You'd need to buty credits there to view but it will have parents names on the cert.

1906 LEIPER JAMES M ST NICHOLAS ABERDEEN CITY/ABERDEEN 168/01 0702

If this isn't you man and after 1906 then fraid those records aren't on line and you'd need either to visit GROS or ask a kind person who is going to look for you.

I'm not finding a marriage but again these records stop in 1931 so the same applies re GROS.

Also not finding a death that would correspond with his birth date. Again dates have us. If adter 1956 isn't viewable on line except at GROS.

Best bet is to check the birth cert out and find out if matches and then post the info about his parents and we can check them out on the census. You can look at the census on Scoptland's People but will cost credits. Don't do that, post in here because we have other means of getting the info that is free!

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Phchesterman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Leipers from Aberdeen area
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 July 16 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen,

I realize this is an old post so I hope this still reaches you. I may have some of the information you are looking for. My great aunt Ruth Jane Campbell Fraser (b. 26 Feb 1898) married James Henry Leiper on the 20 May 1927 at 3 Correction Wynd, Aberdeen. James occupation is listed as a fisherman, and his parents are recorded as Frederick Leiper (also a fisherman), and Emily Leiper (nee Jackson). James was living at 12 St. Andrew Street, Aberdeen at the time.

I hope this reaches you & is helpful.
Paul