Author Topic: Thomas Robinson-Stainfield nr Lincoln  (Read 7863 times)

Offline GeoffE

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Robinson-Stainfield nr Lincoln
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 08 July 07 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I've just had an another look at the IGI and they have a Thomas Robinson marrying Rachael Howden in Washingborough 15-5-1804.

The surname of the Rachaels are very similar and the date is only a few days apart.

Do you think there is some discrepancy somewhere and it is the same marriage or is it just a coincidence?

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but the relevant IGI batch for Washingborough - M034191 - is far from complete ... there are no marriages for the years 1798-1806 inclusive.

However my Graffoe Deanery Index has Washingborough ... a Thomas ROBINSON married an Elizabeth WHITEHEAD there in 1798 (no date).  The next  ROBINSON marriages there were in 1808.

Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.

Offline lincolnshirelad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 February 12 20:57 GMT (UK) »
'm desperately searching for the birth of my gt gt grandfather, Thomas Robinson. He was born in Stainfield near Lincoln and going by the census returns he was born around 1849.

I have eventually found him in the 1851 census (aged 2) with his mother Sarah and 2 siblings, Edwin and Ann (transcribed as Robison)

I have Thomas' marriage cert and his father is named as John Robinson deceased. As there is no father named on the 1851 and 1861 census I presume he died when Thomas was very young as his mother is down as WID.

I cannot find a suitable birth ref for Thomas but I can for Edwin and Ann. I have also found Edwin and Ann on the IGI index but Ann's parents are down as John and Sarah with Edwin's being John and Mary, but as on the 1851 and 1861 census their mother is Sarah I'm presuming she is called Sarah and not Mary. Why would Edwin's mother be down as Mary on the IGI or is it just the usual take the IGI index with a pinch of salt.

The only Thomas Robinson birth at the right time is Thomas Dawber Robinson born in the Caistor reg district (in Lincolnshire). I have found a marriage cert for John Robinson and Sarah Dawber in 1840 or 41 I can't remember the exact year as I type this, and I have a copy of it and it says they were married in Stainfield and as both Edwin and Ann were born in Stainfield and my gt gt grandad has put Stainfield as his place of birth in all the census returns, I thought this Thomas Dawber Robinson must be my gt gt grandfather but he is registered in the wrong place.

To make matters worse I have also been looking for his death reference. I know from my grandma where her grandparents were living as she remembers visiting them and leaving her bike at their house when she went to town on the bus. The only suitable reference I can find is in 1936 but the date has him aged 83/4 meaning he was born in 1852. My grandma remembers her grandma coming to live with her family after her grandad died as her grandma was suffering from senility. I have found a suitable death ref for her grandma in 1937 in the right place and the right age.

Can anyone else spot him or have any suggestions. I need this info for the chart I'm putting together for my Grandmas 80th birthday next month so I'm beginning to get desperate now.
my great grandfather was thomas robinson born stainfield. i have his family tree and also photos of him. he had a very large family!! let me know if your still around. your posting is dates 2007 i think

Offline suffolkboyswife

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 February 12 21:13 GMT (UK) »
MY MY!!! This thread is a blast from the past!!

I haven't been on here for many many months but I received an email notification of your message lincolnshirelad.

What you have to say sounds very interesting, can I ask which marriage you stem from??

I would be very interested to hear from you further - after making sure we both have the right Thomas Robinson and are not talking about 2 different ones, that wouldn't be a first in genealogy!

Lincolnshire - Keightley   Randell/Randall, Clark(e), Brooks, Neave, Horton, Fidel, Wilson
Bedfordshire - Brown, James, Plowman
Suffolk - Smith (Fressingfield),Catchpole, Blo(o)mfield, Leftley, Vincent
Nottinghamshire - Fenton, Weightman, Laycock, Wilson
Norfolk - Claxton, Todd, Fiddaman,

Offline lincolnshirelad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 February 12 21:56 GMT (UK) »
my thomas robinson was born in 1849 in stainfield his mother was sarah robins 1811 to 1892 father was john 1810 to 1849
thomas was married twice. to margaret goulding and phoebe james. my grandmother was alice born 1880 died 1955. i have their tree back to about 1700? if this is correct can you let me have your email address so i can send you more info

Offline pr4jr2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 12 July 15 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Lincolnshirelad

My G G Grandfather was Thomas Robinson married to Margaret Goulding
My G Grandfather was James Robinson 1884 brother to Alice 1880c
My Grandfather was Horice Robinson 1911

If you get or see this message Lincolnshirelad would it be possible to have a copy of your tree?

Did Alice marry Percy Davis in 1921?

Anyway hope you find this, good luck looking.

Paul Robinson

Offline lincolnshirelad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 July 15 13:47 BST (UK) »
I have information that might help you and a photograph of Thomas Robinson. If you can let me have your email address we can communicate directly.

Offline pr4jr2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 12 July 15 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

my email is pr4jr2@aol.com