Author Topic: Work House Records and Archives - Phoebe BLODWELL  (Read 2108 times)

Offline janecree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Work House Records and Archives - Phoebe BLODWELL
« on: Friday 06 July 07 23:10 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Does anyone know where I would find any information on Workhouses in about 1751?  I have a Phebe Blodwell (nee Chettow) who the parish registers state as being of 'ye workhouse' when her son Edward died.

Another son Samuel was born to Phebe in 1752 but he was christened in 1767 as Samuel Chettow but we're not sure if he was born a Blodwell or perhaps Phebe's huband John had already died.  Phebe was burried in 1768 as Phebe Blodwell.  Perhaps Samuel had a run-in with family and cut himself off or maybe he wasn't a child of John Blodwell.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jane
Blodwell
Orwin
Cree
Bisacre

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Work House Records and Archives - Phoebe BLODWELL
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 July 07 14:19 BST (UK) »

Hello......and firstly a warm welcome to Rootschat :D

the parish registers state as being of 'ye workhouse' when her son Edward died.

Do you know when and where her son died?  Might be able to narrow down which workhouse?
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline hillwalkersue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hillwalkersue
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 March 10 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Phoebe Chettow was my 6x great grandmother, her son Samuel my 5x great grandfather. I have been searching for her for years now, last found following the baptism of her 4 children (at the same time, all baptised 'Chettow' and later known as Chetwood/Chetter/Chatwood). If you have further info as to Phoebe's early life, I would love to know.

Sue
Chetwood, Beard, Hornblower, Gwynn, Follows, Stilgo, Shenton, Stride, Gorton, Frodsham, Harrison,  Seagrief

Offline hillwalkersue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hillwalkersue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 May 11 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Can any one enlighten me as to where Phoebe was buried????  PLEASE!!  This woman is driving me mad!

Also - any further details of the son Edward's death?

Also - any hint of a death for John Blodwell.

This is an elusive couple.

Thanks,
Sue
Chetwood, Beard, Hornblower, Gwynn, Follows, Stilgo, Shenton, Stride, Gorton, Frodsham, Harrison,  Seagrief

Offline TooManyJohns

• RootsChat Extra
  • Chettoe, Chetto, Cheto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 December 23 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Can any one enlighten me as to where Phoebe was buried????  PLEASE!!  This woman is driving me mad!

Also - any further details of the son Edward's death?

Also - any hint of a death for John Blodwell.

This is an elusive couple.

Thanks,
Sue

Hey there I was searching Phoebe's name on google and your post popped up so I made an account to give you some of the missing info you asked for:

John Blodwell
1705 - Oswestry, Shropshire, England
1751 -

Phoebe Chettow (Blodwell)
1720 - Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Feb 1 1768 - Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England