Author Topic: Dellers Summer Cafe - Paignton  (Read 24698 times)

Offline mark146

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dellers Summer Cafe - Paignton
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 17 December 17 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Walked past Dellers Summer Cafe on Friday, It has a sold sign outside, lets hope it is smartened up. Would make the whole area look better. Now looking forward to see what use it will be put to.

@Devon Maid - I am not sure if the new bypass will generate interest in the region again, or how the limited infrastructure is supposed to support all the new housing developments. It needs a miracle. I just know it is heartbreaking to walk around my hometown now, see the state of it. Lots of seaside resorts in the same boat. Eitherway I am moving counties this year, in pursuit of Cornish village life. Will always have fond memories of Torbay and wish her well.

Offline Devon Maid

• RootsChat Member
  • Barbican, Plymouth, Devon
    • View Profile
Re: Dellers Summer Cafe - Paignton
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 17 December 17 13:00 GMT (UK) »
That new bypass seems to be queued back to the River Teign viaduct every rush hour evening Monday to Friday once more, and this in the winter. Only 2 main roads in and out of Devon and there are frequently problems of one sort or another on them. We never travel far in the summer season because of the traffic and when you go to Paignton in the winter months it always looks so sad. Have always wondered why Dellers main restaurant was knocked down as it has left quite a blot on the landscape in that road. The existing buildings were probably magnificent in their heyday. I hope the canopies in the street are looked after, but all councils are short of money. Hope you enjoy cornish village life.
Census information Crown Copyright, from ww.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stoneman, Pawley, Wiliams, Giles