Author Topic: Mclauchlan to Canada/Ontario  (Read 5029 times)

Offline styles05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mclauchlan to Canada/Ontario
« on: Friday 20 July 07 15:45 BST (UK) »
In 1975 John Mclauchlan was living  London, Ontario with children Kathryn;David;Karen. I would very much like to contact this family who connect with Mclauchlans from Ayshire Scotland.  I have traced the family back to circa 1790, and am sure they would be interested.
Jean Styles

Offline revmother2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mclauchlan to Canada/Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 July 07 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
My husband's family are McLauchlan's from Ayrshire (Tarbolton mostly). I've done quite a lot on them but haven't found a Canada link. Can you share some of this info with me please, to see if its the same branch of the family?
Thank you
revmother
England - mainly Leicestershire -Plunkett (and London), Kibby, Springthorpe, Gittins, Bates, Forman, Stevenson, Crofts, Growdridge, Flower, Wigston, Ward , and in Scotland - McLauchlan, Paterson, Aughton, Speirs, McCallum, Gray, Gemmell, Hillhouse, Fredrick etc.......<br />Ayrshire mostly

Offline styles05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 July 07 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hello
My Mclauchlans come from Stevenston, West Kilbride, Ardrossan etc.
A short family Tree is:
John Mclauchland(lots of different spellings) married Janet White of Dreghorn 1794 Stevenston

children: All born Stevenston
John McLachlan b.1800 m. Janet Speirs 1831
Allan McLachlan
Charles McLachlan b. 1796 m. Mary McBride
Annie McLachlan
Janet McLachlan

John McLauchlan + Janet Spiers: Child
Robert Spier McLauchlan  1841 m. Barbara Dale Dickie Caddel Farm, Ardrossan. (my Great Grandparents)  Robert went to Norfolk around 1890 and finally settled in Essex.

John Mclauchlan 1877 Ardrossan m Ethel Coe Essex England (My Grandparents)
 Etc:

If you think we may have a connection and would like to send me your email address I will send a complete Tree.
Regards
Jean

Offline revmother2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean
I have a Janet Speirs but she is born 6 sept 1868 Tarbolton, dau of David Speirs and Helen McCallum.
I think I remember seeing the Ardrossan McLauchlans on the IGI but so far I have not made a connection with them. we have lots of John and James McLauclans but all Tarbolton or close by.
If you know of a link - send me a personal message and we'll take it from there.
thanks
revmother
England - mainly Leicestershire -Plunkett (and London), Kibby, Springthorpe, Gittins, Bates, Forman, Stevenson, Crofts, Growdridge, Flower, Wigston, Ward , and in Scotland - McLauchlan, Paterson, Aughton, Speirs, McCallum, Gray, Gemmell, Hillhouse, Fredrick etc.......<br />Ayrshire mostly

Offline styles05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 July 07 14:58 BST (UK) »
Revmother
I don'thave any McLauchlans or Spiers from Tarbolton that I know of.  However, I do have some Dickie children born in Kilmaurs and baptised in Tarbolton. Do you have any Dickies?
Robert Spiers Mclauchlan married Barbara Dale Dickie and she is related to the Tarbolton family.
Jean

Offline revmother2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 July 07 15:10 BST (UK) »
hello Jean
I haven't got the Robert Spiers Mclauchlan and Barbara Dickie family on the tree. But the names sound familiar somehow. Certainly there are still Dickies in Tarbolton.
Think we have to leave it for now unless I stike gold somewhere and make the connection!
Thanks
revmother

Offline HJNewbold

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 June 10 10:54 BST (UK) »
My paternal grandfather was Robert Spiers McLauchlan who married Winnifred May Billings.  He was born at Caddell Farm in Scotland and moved to Essex in England.  He then moved to Australia in 1909.  Any information would be appreciated.
Heather
Brisbane, Australia

Offline styles05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 June 10 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Heather.  I think we have talked before.  My name is Jean Styles and I am the grandaughter of John McLauchlan one of the sons of Robert Spiers.  I would very much like to resume our contact after such a long time.
I have been in touch with Margaret Brookes of Australia another great grand daughter of Robert Spiers  and also Jean McLauchlan of New Zealand.
I don't have much information on the Canada/Ontario side.
Looking forward to hearing from you again.  My email is: (*)

Regards
Jean

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline awaj66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 July 15 02:17 BST (UK) »
I too have McLauchlans residing West Kilbride/Ardrossan/Saltcoats etc.

Michael/Agnes (Agnes died 1861 West Kilbride) - both born in Ireland

Children:

John/Catharine Smylie (John born approx 1821 Ireland)
William
Margaret
Agnes
Michael
James

John and Catharine's children:

John/Hannah Robson (John born 1821 Ireland) (John and Hannah came to Australia in 1883)
William
Thomas
Margaret
Agnes
Charles  (This is the son which I think may have gone to Canada but as yet cannot find - he disappeared after the 1901 census)
James

John and Hannah's children:  (John born 1848)

John (born 1848)
William
Catharine
Charles/Minnie Brauer
James

Hoping to make a connection :)
McLAUCHLAN/McLACHLAN/MacLACHLAN
RODDEN
McDERMAID
BRAUER
HEUER
HONEYWOOD