Author Topic: Mclauchlan to Canada/Ontario  (Read 5030 times)

Offline A Whiteford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mclauchlan - Spiers Mclauchlan at Caddell farm
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 07:09 BST (UK) »
Hi all I have just come back from 2 weeks in Scotland and went out to Caddell / Caddel farm as my ggg grandfather and his family were there from at least the mid 1830s to 1845/46.  Thomas Wyllie/Wylie and his family are there on the 1841 Census and his daughter Margaret's banns in 1837 note Caddell farm.  Thomas died in 1845 and his son then moved to farm at Mid GlenCraig which is in Campbeltown.  Possibly both sets of farms were in the Montgomery family (needs to be followed up).

I spoke to the current owners of the farm and have some photos of the current farm if anyone is interested.  The current owner's grandfather took over the property around 1910 and he did mention a Spiers McLauchlan being the farmer there before his grandfather. 

If anyone is interested in the photos, please contact me at fhistory4me@@@@@@@gmail.com 

Remove excess @@@ before sending.

Regards all

Anne
Bouffier/Buffier (Germany), Brennan (Athlone Wmeath), Galvin (Innes, Clare), Mackay (Athlone, Wmeath), McGrath (Tyrone), Morton (Ayrshire) Smith (Blackwater Bridge, Cavan), Smith (Ardnamurchan Sco), Smythe (Dublin); Whiteford (Antrim & then Argyll), Wyl(l)ie (Ayrshire)