Author Topic: Re: MARY WATERSTON  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Ros Fornaro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: MARY WATERSTON
« on: Monday 23 July 07 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Mary Waterston was born on the 6th June, 1870 at 4 Scott Street, Glasgow.  By May, 1878 her parents and siblings had died and she was taken to the orphanage by a neighbour.  On the 20th July, 1886 she was sent to Canada on the "Buenos Ayrean" under the supeprvision of Miss Ellen Bilborough for Quarrier Homes.  Mary went to a Mrs. Galbraith in Camden East, Ontario.  Mary made her way to California, USA where she married and I hope had a happy life.

Ros
Bell Coatbridge Sct
Cassels Dunbarton Lnk Sti Sct
Heggie Lnk Sct
Lusty Gls Eng Lnk Sct
McLuckie Stirling Sct
Moss Leek Sts Eng Vic Aust
Pride Gls Eng Geelong Vic Aust

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 July 07 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, Ros...you were on a resources board, so moved here to the regular Canada board...but now I am wondering if you should be on the U.S. board? This has no real query, so could you specify what it is you are looking for? If it is information from the U.S. we can have it moved to that board, or get someone in here to help...Thanks, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline LPorter

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 March 17 17:26 GMT (UK) »
I saved this site, and information regarding my Great Grandmother, Mary Waterston, some time ago. My Grandfather died, not knowing all of the information concerning his mother's childhood, and life at Quarrier's Home. I recently discovered a photograph of Mary at age 16 at Quarrier, shortly before she sailed to Canada. I picked her out of the group of children right away, as my Grandfather strongly resembled her.  Thank you to Ros, as the information she provided here made a difference in my search.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 March 17 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to the site, LPorter...( I am researching Porters)
Well then, I guess he posted that info just for you and other descendants to happily find! As you can see the Rootschatter Ros Fornaro is no longer with us. If you need any help, as long as it is on the subject of the same home child, feel free to add to his post. I am sure he'd have been happy for that.
If you have a new post ie: new subject...please refer to the beginners research pages for advice, pick an area & start a new one.

Please also note that Rootschat has a database on Homechildren , where you can post all the facts that you have for your HomeChild Mary Waterston for others who might be searching!
http://surname.rootschat.com/lexicon/dbsig/dbsig-quick-search.php?letter1=W&letter2=3&dbsig_num=1#top_data

You can also use the search above ( brown panel ) to look for other posts re: the keyword " Waterston " as there are quite a few looking for the surname.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com