Author Topic: Maryport  (Read 91598 times)

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maryport
« Reply #126 on: Monday 30 November 15 13:37 GMT (UK) »
John Young baptised 6th August 1747. Married Elizabeth Barnes 23rd July 1769.

His father was Charles young baptised 1st April 1719 at Bridekirk. "son of John YOUNG, traveller"

His father was John Young who was baptised 23rd March 1692 at Bridekirk. "son of James YOUNG, Dov(enby)"

His father was James Young.

Somewhere, several years ago, I downloaded a pdf file which is a transcript of the Bridekirk registers.  My additions given above are from that source.

Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Monday 30 November 15 13:42 GMT (UK) »
THank you for this information as i say i'm limited on what i know i have now confirmed

"John Young baptised 6th August 1747. Married Elizabeth Barnes 23rd July 1769."

I'm very interested in find out who John's mother was and his grandparents and if he had anymore siblings too.

"His father was Charles young baptised 1st April 1719 at Bridekirk. "son of John YOUNG, traveller"

His father was John Young who was baptised 23rd March 1692 at Bridekirk. "son of James YOUNG, Dov(enby)"

His father was James Young."

What do you think traveller and Dov (enby) mean? I'm learning more about my ancestors every day or every couple of hours on here more than i have found on ancestry
Young, Bland, Glossop, Warrington, Rowland, Ball, Gregory, Howsley, Higton, Miller, Laidlaw, Walker, Cairns, Turnbull, Bell, Chadwick, Bradbury, Gould, Harvey, Webster.

From, Cumberland (Cumbria), Derbyshire, Rostrevor, Kilkee, USA, Australia,

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Monday 30 November 15 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Dovenby is a township in Bridekirk parish http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/CUL/Bridekirk

Map http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=310365&Y=533425&A=Y&Z=120

Re "traveller" - All other baptisms around that time give a place of abode, so I would assume J YOUNG wasn't resident in the parish.  :-\
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Monday 30 November 15 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, for confirming dovenby for me. Im now interested in any other member of those family
Young, Bland, Glossop, Warrington, Rowland, Ball, Gregory, Howsley, Higton, Miller, Laidlaw, Walker, Cairns, Turnbull, Bell, Chadwick, Bradbury, Gould, Harvey, Webster.

Offline mientajb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any other information about the family. What about more recent members in the early 19C perhaps. Do you have the recent family history and it is only the early ones that you are struggling with?
Bookless,Varty, Collins, Birchall, Nicholson, Corlett, Barnett

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:29 GMT (UK) »
i have some screenshots i'll post and then comment on them

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:31 GMT (UK) »
here is another screen shot

Offline Youngy1981

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:35 GMT (UK) »
i have John Young 1740 and his family as it shows i only have his father and brother William - William i have nothing but 1745

I have Daniel Young 1777 - 1848 and his wife and some of their children: John Young 1820 i have him he's my great great grandad and his family i'm not sure of the other children

this is all i have with the families but not sure on the other people i shall list the names if it helps

Offline Bona

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 00:46 GMT (UK) »
My g.great grandmother was Isabella Gemmell born in Maryport 1845, she died in Carlisle in 1874. Her father was Joseph Gemmell. Would like to know who his wife was and if Isabella have siblings, anything actually ? Are there any Gemmell families in Maryport  or nearby today? Isabella married Thomas Christie in1870 in Carlisle.
Christina,Christini, Decristina, Lucchi,Sims, Christie,Crago,Sinclair, Hathaway,Dods,Grattan,Farr,Lockley,Hassen,Mullan,Gemmell,