Author Topic: Maryport  (Read 91339 times)

Offline BarbR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Maryport
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 February 05 01:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Audrey,

I have some THOMPSON'S from Maryport. Joseph Thompson and his family were on Nelson Lane on the 1841 census - I believe he was a mariner.

Barbara
Jarvis - Sussex, Pearson - Ulverston, Breaks - Westmorland, Clynick - Devon, Rowe - Devon, Thompson - Cumberland, Poyner - Scotland, Laidlaw - Edinburgh, Sawyer - Kent

Offline dickens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Audrey.
Just joined rootschat and noticed your offer to lookup info on Maryport. William Coey married Jane Thompson in the Primative Methodist Church/Chapel. He was a sea captain and possibly involved in exporting coal to Ireland.

Thanks
Carslake. McCreight, Grant, Coey

Offline adam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 March 05 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Audrey,

I have four Pattinson Lowthers from cumberland in my family tree so am interested in which book I can find a picture of (hopefully) one of them. Any chance you could post up the title, author and publisher.

Thanks a lot, Adam

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 24 March 05 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Adam
hear is the name of the books

MARYPORT the town that refused to die

Street Life in Maryport in 1900s

Maryport of Yesteryear

Maryport Past and Presant

all the above by Herbert and Mary Jackson

Maryport by Kieth Thompson

printed by Firpress Ltd Workington

and I can recomend them full of great reading and amazing old photoes

Offline adam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 March 05 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that

Offline Debwilson1967

• I am sorry but my email is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 January 06 09:22 GMT (UK) »
HI Audrey.  Do your books mention the Brooker family?  My husband's X4 great Grandfather was James Brooker, a noted ship carver who exhibited at the Great Exhibition.  He eventually fell on hard times and moved to Sunderland where he ended up in the Sunderland Workhouse.  He married Jane Hudson and my hubby is descended from their daughter, Martha Brooker (born 1841, Maryport).  She married a German photographer, Paul Stabler, in Sunderland.  Thanks for your help
Gibbon, Emmerson and names of Flamborough, Pinder,Appleby in Yorkshire, Browns, Edwards, Pritchard and Rogers in Shropshire and Montgomery. Waters, Bulmer in County Durham, Birks & Griffiths in Staffordshire, Simpson, Nixon, Hutchinson around Helmsley, Vayro and Todd in Wensleydale.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 05 January 06 09:38 GMT (UK) »
That name rings bells I will dig them out today  I have several I also knew a Brooker family there in the 1950s they lived on Fleming Square

audrey

Offline meowkat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Robbie Pew 1913-1944
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 05 June 09 15:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey,

I would beinterested in finding out if your books have anything on the Following families:

Cartmer (anything)
Elliot (t) (anything, especially a butcher called John)
Atkinson (William an innkeeper and his daughter Mary, also apossible grandchild called William Andrew Atkinson) 

The Elliots and Atkinsons would all be during the 19th Century.

Thanks if you can help  ;D

Katrina
Rutherford, McKune, Elliot, Pew, Anderson, Little, Sturgeon, Manuel, Weild, Rutterford, Atkinson, Kirkup, Bradley, McKay, McDole, Whelan, Coulthard, Nile, Baker, Jardine, Glover, Seeker, Cartmer, Thompson, Ricahrdson, Huggon, Falcon, Blain, Scott, Hewitt, Irwin, McChrystal, Millar, McMichan/McMeekan, McKinlay, McLachlan, Gillogy, King, Bryant, Dixon, McCauley, McDavid, Hastie, McLauchlin, Fitzpatrick, Moore, Shanks, Bell, Corrigan, Woods, Mulhall, (Del) Dykes, Allgood

Offline KMS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 05 June 09 16:36 BST (UK) »
My ancestor John Bragg was born in Maryport 3 mar. 1768. His wife Margaret Walker was also born in Maryport 26 Nov.1769.
Could they possbley be in your books about Maryport.
Thank you.
Kay