Author Topic: wife of Isaac Gale (Alderney and Jersey)  (Read 4509 times)

Offline cari

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
wife of Isaac Gale (Alderney and Jersey)
« on: Monday 13 December 04 21:46 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find information on the wife of Isaac Gale.  Her first name was Mary and she was born in Jersey, according to the census I looked at.  She lived in Alderney with her husband and four children; Anne, Henry, Harriet, and Elizabeth.  My aunt told me that her surname was Mockeridge, but I can't find any trace of anyone by that name.

I am interested in any information on her and her parents and siblings and also her children; Henry, Harriet and Elizabeth.  I am related to Anne so I know her history.

Thanks,

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: wife of Isaac Gale (Alderney and Jersey)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 December 04 22:03 GMT (UK) »

Cari,

What time frame are you looking at? If you have her on one census, then give a full transcript of that for us to work from. Include all family in the household.

Name, age, birthplace

(& which census year it was taken)

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 December 04 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Only Mockeridge I have come upon was Benjamin, in relation to a bequest  upon his death in 1807 in St Helier.

Will try to find a marriage for Isaac and Mary ( Mockeridge ) can't confirm if Mary has any connection to Benjamin but you never know !

Regards

Scatty
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cari

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Based on the 1871 census, Isaac Gale was born approx 1818 in Bridgport, Dorset.  Mary was born approx 1817 in St. Helier, Jersey.
They were living in Alderney in 1871 and had 4 children, all born in Alderney...

Anne Charlotte, born 11 Feb 1850
Henry born in 1854
Harriet M. born in 1860
Elizabeth M. born in 1857

In 1871, Anne was married to Thomas Palmer and they were living with her parents.  They later immigrated to Canada.

Between 1871 and 1881, based on the census reports, Isaac and Mary moved to St. Helier, Jersey.  Since she was  born there, it is likely that Benjamin is related in some way to her.

Thanks for all your help and Merry Christmas.

Offline Kelly le Quesne

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 December 16 13:38 GMT (UK) »
I have his son Henry gale connection, Henry and his wife had a daughter Amelia jane who married into the poingdestre family in jersey. I believe the maiden name to Mockridge too but will need to verify.

Online Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 December 16 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kelly and welcome to Rooschat...as Cari hadn't been online since 2004 it is unlikely that you will get a response unfortunately  :-\
Do stick around though and enjoy the forums :)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU