Author Topic: RUTHERFORD, STORIE and OLIVER families  (Read 18358 times)

Offline AlexStewart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: RUTHERFORD, STORIE and OLIVER families
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 February 08 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your question. I have answered your private message on the other forum. I look forward to reading your information.
Stewart:Donegal
Babington: Donegal and Londonderry
Patton:Donegal

Offline histreedee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 December 14 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Greetings and firstly I apologise for posting on an old post, secondly it seemed silly to post a new topic on one already in progress (albeit I'm a little late to the party!)

I certainly recognise one moniker here from ancestry where I believe I've made contact in relation to my Great Great Grandmother Blanche Amy Kittow. I've been attempting to unravel the family tree on this lineage for some time and have started frugal work on and off on this lineage at various points to no avail.

If anyone would like to open up channels of communication, as and if I should find anything as I will be hopefully investing things as a matter of course, including archives and site visits. I have posted here as my first and initial post and shall endeavour to pop on (on the off chance someone is interested even if there is no response!) and update should I uncover anything new, as you never know someone much as myself may stumble across this!

Thanks

Offline AlexStewart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 December 14 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Histreedee
I am not clear what your question is. I can only pass on what I have on Blanche Amy Kittow.
She was born in the Cirencester area in 1864, the daughter of John Charles Kittow. I do not
know of her mother. She married Robert Rutherford, and in 1901 they were living in Stoneleigh
where Robert was a Bailiff or Farm Steward. I have four children listed: which is your line?
Alex

Offline histreedee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 December 14 16:37 GMT (UK) »
There was no question per say merey that adding that I too have a link and that should I find anything I would add a note, I thought it might be good form. Possibly I was mistaken?

Offline Darsy Sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 May 15 03:10 BST (UK) »
Greetings!

I have very deep Rutherford roots from this area, but your questions are much later than my connections there. I am descended from a Robert Rutherford who was born in Roxburgh in in 1640 and died in Essex County, Virgina in 1728. My grandmother has done extensive geneology work. The earliest date we have Robert's father Adam (Hall, Scotland died 1648). We have names going back three more generations but no dates.

I just wanted to post here and say hello. Would love to someday make the trip to Jedburgh to see where my ancestors walked or meet some very distant cousins.

Offline AlexStewart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 May 15 10:45 BST (UK) »
Greetings to you, Darsy.
You did not mention whether your grandmother traced her Rutherfords back to the same family
as my son-in-law's or not. Did they go back to the same places?
I am interested in your Sparrow connection. My wife has a Sparrow connection by marriage back
in the 1700s in Northamptonshire. Where did your Sparrows come from?

Offline Darsy Sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 04 May 15 22:42 BST (UK) »
Forgive my ignorance if I am misunderstanding your question-- my grandmother was the genealogist of the family and I am just exploring aspects of some of her work. My Rutherford ancestors and yours must be related somehow because of the name and location of origin, however my direct ancestor left Scotland sometime between 1640 when he was born, and 1728 when he died in Virginia. I think you are looking for Scottish Rutherfords after this period. My grandmother's research in Scotland ends with our ancestor's journey out of Scotland. Are you asking about Rutherford's in Virginia in the 1800's or in Scotland? My Rutherfords stayed in Virginia for several generations before moving to Ohio. My great-grandmother's maiden name is Rutherford.

If there is any way I can assist you further using my grandmother's research using the earlier Rutherfords please let me know and I'll try to answer your questions.

As far as my name Sparrow-- I am embarrassed to tell you that while I like the name Sparrow very much, I don't claim kinship with any Sparrows. I use this name as a pseudonym of my real last name while using the internet.

Offline AlexStewart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 10:02 BST (UK) »
I have two problems: I posted this subject for someone else in 2007 and the Rutherfords are not my ancestors.
It is not certain that your Rutherfords were the same even if they came from Roxburghshire. There were several Rutherford families in that area. That is why I asked about specific places of origin, such as villages. No, I was not asking about Rutherfords in Virginia as I knew they moved to England and died there. My question was whether your grandmother had traced your Rutherfords to certain villages, such as Maxton, in Roxburghshire. If you scroll
down to the early messages in 2007 you will see that Amanda, who writes as Terie, has listed the
Rutherford family well. Just before that you will see my original enquiry.
I am sorry I embarrassed you about the Sparrow 'connection'.   
Kind regards
Alex

Offline Darsy Sparrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Alex, I hope I didn't come across as rude or stern. I will go through the messages again and see if there's a way to help answer that question. As far as being embarrassed about Sparrow, I was laughing at myself. :-) No offense taken and I hope none received.