Author Topic: STOREYS-KENDAL  (Read 7574 times)

Offline jpnewt75

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STOREYS-KENDAL
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 September 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
A book i once read  called STOREYS OF LANCASTER published in about the 1950's might be of interest it  mentions the Troutbeck and Furness Peninsula branches of the family . The book is probably available in Lancaster libary or the records office, Storey's were a very important family  in the Lancaster area  and pioneered the manufacturing of linoleum in the town .
One member of the Troutbeck family had a farm called Limefitt in 1851 he also had common rights in the neighbouring Kentmere valley
Have you the names of john storeys parents ive  found one family in Kendal that had a daughter betty bapt 10 dec 1815  and siblings agnes  john eleonor margaret and thomas their parents were robert storey ( weaver) and mary nee cooper. 
Have you found the family name website,  storeysofold.com  there could be some further leads on that .

I found that website the other day, might be a very useful website!  I think the Anthony who left that will from Heversham dated 1757 is an ancestor of mine.  I'll have to try and get a copy of the will. 

Offline Jax49

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: STOREYS-KENDAL
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 November 10 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your interest and replies. I do apologise for not replying sooner.

I do not have the parents of John Storey, so I am stuck at present and unsure where to go next. I have also struggled to find a death for either John or Ann, There are too many to choose!
Unfortunately I cannot find any link in the Storeysof old, which is a pity, maybe because I have so little information going backwards.

I will keep plugging and see what happens. I have put my small Storey tree on A******Y so maybe something will come from that.

thanks again

Jacqui
Bradshaw Tyldesley/Worsley Lancs. RIMMER Liverpool/Birkenhead/Eccles Lancs. Dale Congleton.
Storey Kendal/Eccles. Ryan County Galway Ireland.
O'SULLIVAN Oughterard/ Cornamona County Galway, Ireland. Butler and Burke, Count Galway.  Cowburn Atherton, Manley Worsley. Durban (various spelling) Chilvers Coton Warwickshire. Phidiam/Fidium Worsley.