Author Topic: Marriage of William Nelson and Francis Wilson about 1824  (Read 11435 times)

Offline caswellm

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Marriage of William Nelson and Francis Wilson about 1824
« on: Friday 03 August 07 22:08 BST (UK) »
Marriage about 1824 in Drumacarrow, Bailieborough, Cavan Co. for William Nelson and Frances Wilson.  Does anyone know where Drumacarrow is? A parish or town?  Thanks,  Marilyn

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of William Nelson and Francis Wilson about 1824
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 August 07 22:19 BST (UK) »
From googling, Drumacarrow is the townland and Bailieborough is the Parish.

You can see Griffiths Valuation index here: http://www.failteromhat.com/
There is a William Nelson Drumacarrow listed.
best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline caswellm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 August 07 02:40 BST (UK) »
Heywood,  Thank you for such a quick answer to my request.  Marilyn

Offline gloss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 October 07 11:51 BST (UK) »
I  have a Mary Jane Nelson who arrived in Australia before 1854. Her parents are listed  as William Nelson and Frances Wilson. She was born in  Bailieborough, Co.Cavan, Ireland . There were 2 other sisters that also arrived .... her older sister, Sarah May Nelson, and younger sister, Martha Nelson. Mary jane was born about 1827.

Any connection???

Offline caswellm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 October 07 15:08 BST (UK) »
I haven't been able to make a connection yet, but Francis must be a sister or cousin to my Wilson's.  What I need is information about her parents if you have that.  Thanks......Marilyn

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 November 09 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Gloss, are you still around. They are my family line too. Would like contact with you - perhaps we have already been in contact regarding our family? Are you down the GORE line, or the PEARCE line. Katharine.

Offline Les57

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 November 09 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Bailieborough. There were still Nelson's in Drumacarrow in 1911 as you will see from the 1911 Census.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Bailieborough/Drumacarrow/316078/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/1999698/nai001682847/
If you go to Google maps and look up Bailieborough Cavan, from the town take the R165 Cavan road, a short distance on the left you will see Drumacarrow on the map.

Offline gloss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 13 November 09 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Katherine.....my line is the Pearce line. Mary Jane married Thomas Pearce and daughter Martha married John Hickey.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 November 09 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gloss. Thanks for reply. I would love to hear from you via email - how do we exchange email addresses??
I am a descendant of Sarah May NELSON who married Richard GORE in Sydney in 1852. The PEARCES were at Walcha (as you know) and the GORE's settled nearby in Armidale. Happy to share what I have with you. As far as I can tell only Sarah and Mary Jane came out to Australia arriving on the ''Earl Grey" in 1849 (? no notes in front of me!!) listed as Neilson. Do you have any photographs of Mary Jane and Thomas? Or any of the Gore family?

Thanks for the link Les 57. As you live in Bailieborough - can we pick your brain about good places to get information. I would love to know where to get church records for the Nelsons and Wilsons. They seem to have been Presbyterians, or Methodists. The marriage that is listed here  for Frances Wilson and William Nelson in 1824, has been sourced from the LDS family search website. When I went to order the film, I was told it is now restricted. Thus I cannot find out who put the information on the website.
The same person had given some baptism information for the three daughters Sarah May, Mary Jane, and Martha, but no indication which church the baptisms took place.
Any ideas????