Author Topic: Emigrated to US - SEELEY (1860-1871)  (Read 2109 times)

Offline craggus

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Emigrated to US - SEELEY (1860-1871)
« on: Wednesday 15 December 04 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I believe that my great-great grandparents emigrated to the United States ... I wonder if anyone could help me find any more information about this, via passenger lists etc. I am especially interested to find out their reasons for emigrating, plus which of their children went with them. Actually, forget that - I'm interested to find out ANYTHING at all  ;)

JOSEPH SEELEY - born Coventry in 1820
MARIA SEELEY - born in 1816

I know at least one of their children went with them, WILLIAM (b: 1850)

I believe they made the move some time between 1860 and 1871

Thanks

Craig  :)

BLACKHAM - Great Bridge/Tipton/West Bromwich; BALL - West Bromwich; JOHNSON - West Bromwich/Tipton/Dudley; WHARTON - West Bromwich; COOPER - Surrey; ALDERTON - Surrey/Essex; SEELEY - Coventry/Wales; JONES - Wales (!)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrated to US - SEELEY (1860-1871)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 23:27 GMT (UK) »
I found a Joseph Seeley who came to the US in 1868 and arrived in California.  This might give you a place to start looking.

Also, try looking on the LDS website for the 1880 census.  May find them alive in the US.

- Kristin
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire
Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire
Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire
Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire
Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire
Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline craggus

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Emigrated to US - SEELEY (1860-1871)
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 December 04 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kristin  :)
BLACKHAM - Great Bridge/Tipton/West Bromwich; BALL - West Bromwich; JOHNSON - West Bromwich/Tipton/Dudley; WHARTON - West Bromwich; COOPER - Surrey; ALDERTON - Surrey/Essex; SEELEY - Coventry/Wales; JONES - Wales (!)