Author Topic: thomas mcluskey and mary mcmahon  (Read 5266 times)

Offline wildgoose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: thomas mcluskey and mary mcmahon
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 October 07 20:53 BST (UK) »
I have McLUSKYs in my tree they came from County Tyrone, Ireland.

Good luck ;D
All information taken from my personal database compiled from original sources - Crown Copyright acknowledge as stated.
Family names:SPINK (WRY), GOODWIN (DBY), PRATT (SCT & WRY), WILDGOOSE (DBY), STRETTON (LEI & DBY), MARTIN(ANS), NICOLL(ANS), McKENNA(TYR), STRAIN(DON), WALLACE(FIF), RAE(STI), PENMAN(STI) & CAPPIE(ELN).

Offline poppysmum

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Granpa Wilson and Cousin Dod - Peebles Cemetery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 October 07 10:13 BST (UK) »
thanks ;)
Whytes, Durness; Bulloch, lanarkshire; Wilson, lanarkshire; Wilson, peebleshire; Rickelton, Glasgow; Harris, ayrshire and glasgow ; Steele, ayrshire; Duffy, leith Smith, Leith;  Stewart, ayrshire and Glasgow

Offline jmmw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 27 November 14 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have just noticed your post and joined the site to let you know the following information:

In your post you mention "signed, p duffy, son-in-law, 141 kirkgate, leith"  That is my great grandfather, my grandmother's father.  My grandmother was born in the same house in 1896.

Offline poppysmum

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Granpa Wilson and Cousin Dod - Peebles Cemetery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 November 14 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for the reply.  Philip was my my Great Great Granndfather.  his daughter mary was my Grandfather's mum.  I have a photo of her.  Philip's other children were Annie, Isabella, Bridget, Thomas and Jane.  I also know that they had four born and die as babies between 1901 and 1911.  We found out at the Scotland's people centre.

It would be good to share information.  We get stuck on Philips dad.  He is named on his birth certificate but then appears to be illigitimate.

We know that his mother was from Ireland.

Kirkgate in Leith seemed to be the family home.
Whytes, Durness; Bulloch, lanarkshire; Wilson, lanarkshire; Wilson, peebleshire; Rickelton, Glasgow; Harris, ayrshire and glasgow ; Steele, ayrshire; Duffy, leith Smith, Leith;  Stewart, ayrshire and Glasgow

Offline jmmw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 08 December 14 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

My grandmother was Annie whom I lived with whilst attending secondary school and school holidays in primary school.  I knew Thomas who eventually died at Nunraw Abbey - (http://www.nunraw.com/sanctamaria/thomasduffy.htm), Mary whose children included the Storries, Holligans and others) who used to live in Henderson Street then lived with her children, Bridget who lived in Easter Road and her daughter who lived across the road (Think its called Iona Street), Jane must have been Aunty Jeannie who lived in Newhaven with her daughter Netty (I think she got divorced or something), but my memory can't remember Isabella - don't know if she died young.  My granny (Annie) used to live in 6 Ferrier Street (where my father was born) then 10 Wellington Place and then 3 Links Place, all in Leith.  My dad is Annie's son.

I'm sure I remember my grandmother saying that her mother was an Irish Fisherwoman who used to drink.  Looking at the information on here it looks as though it was her grandmother that was Irish.  I don't really know very much about her father at all.  Just saw his name on her birth and marriage certificates.  The whole family were very religious and I always remember seeing them all at church (St. Mary's Star of the Sea, Leith) every Sunday - my granny used to go at least once a day.

I have only just started this looking up family lark recently after managing to trace Annie's husband's (John Wallace) family back through his mother to 1655.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.  Philip was my my Great Great Granndfather.  his daughter mary was my Grandfather's mum.  I have a photo of her.  Philip's other children were Annie, Isabella, Bridget, Thomas and Jane.  I also know that they had four born and die as babies between 1901 and 1911.  We found out at the Scotland's people centre.

It would be good to share information.  We get stuck on Philips dad.  He is named on his birth certificate but then appears to be illigitimate.

We know that his mother was from Ireland.

Kirkgate in Leith seemed to be the family home.