Author Topic: looking for anything on brown & maharry & clements familys guernsey,ohio  (Read 3013 times)

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for anything on brown & maharry & clements familys guernsey,ohio
« on: Saturday 25 August 07 21:08 BST (UK) »
hi can anyone tell me how would i find stuff about GUERNSEY, OHIO
my great great great great grandfather family moved to aGUERNSEY OHIO

i am looking for anything on robert brown died BEFORE 1823 in GUERNSEY, OHIO and any of his family

his wife was esther born abt 1768 in slacks grove monachan ireland and family
isabella born 15/03/1790
samuel born 19/12/1804
andrew born 08/03/1804
robert born 26/10/1809
william born 00/00/1811
isabella born 00/00/1814
james born 00/00/1812/17
joseph born 00/00/1821 all slacks grove monachan ireland

but i am trying to find out what happened to them when they went to guernsey ohio

this is robert & esthers first child getting married
isabella clements m.s brown
born 15/03/1790 slacks grove monaghan ireland
married 26/07/1815 guernsey,ohio
to james clements

i think they had 6 kids
rebekah ( rebecca clements born abt 1814 cambridge guernsey ohio
isabella clements born abt 1818 died infant
jane clements born abt 1827
samuel clements born 1816
william clements born 1820
isabella clements born 13/10/1824 died 10/03/1900

this is isabella clements daughter getting married
isabella clements
married alexander maharry married 25/03/1847

children
nancy.j.maharry born 1847 place madison guernsey ohio
sarah jane maharry born 1854 place madison guernsey ohio
isabella maharry born 1854 place madison guernsey ohio
john franklin maharry born 26/01/1857 place aledo merier illnois
martin bigger maharry born 24/09/1859 place aledo merier illinois

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH ALL OF THESES PLEASE AS I CANT GET ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL AND I DONT KNOW WHERE TO LOOK
so can you help me to find out when did she come to the usa from ireland and anything about them in guernsey ohio
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: looking for anything guernsey,ohio
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 August 07 22:11 BST (UK) »
I took a quick look at the www.usgenweb.com entry for Ohio, Guernsey county and didn't see much.  I did find this    http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi           Looks like there are a couple of people working on this line.

oops, the link didn't completely come through.  I entered

Clements, James     death: Ohio

The entry also covers Robert Brown.

Offline cgotcha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 September 07 21:45 BST (UK) »
The Ohio Historical Society, located in Columbus, Ohio, has an entire section of books from Guernsey County.  Have you tried the court house?  Ancestry.com?  I believe that the Archives at OHS has a service that will look up information for you.  Their phone number is:  1-800-686-1545 or 614-297-2332.  Their website is:  www.ohiohistory.org.  Hope this helps!
Looking for Mahaffey from County Donegal.  Brothers Samuel M., Moses, Robert, Thomas.  Parents brought them over, two sisters remained in Ireland.  Mother Mary McBeth, Father John Mahaffey.  Named could be Americanized.  Seeking information on parents, sisters.
I also have Jones' - more so in Scotland, but also in Wales.  Jones tied in with Giffen/Giffin lineage.  Darst, Downing in there also.

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 October 07 23:45 BST (UK) »
Ancestry.com has a lot of the early Guernsey Co. newpapers scanned, and Guernsey Co. has it's own genealogical library that has been a great help to me. I've got death records, marriage records, wills, and obits from them for my husband's great, great, great grandfather's family.
if you Google Guernsey Ohio (genealogy) several good links will come up, including the library and a lady who's posting Guernsey Co. data to her website-I don't have that link any more because I had to get a new computer, but it's easy to google.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 October 07 10:36 BST (UK) »
okay i will do that thank you so much
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Susan Harover Greene

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: looking for anything on brown & maharry & clements familys guernsey,ohio
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 30 March 17 03:14 BST (UK) »
This is my family. Martin Bigger Maharry was my great grandfather. His grandmother, isabella clements, lived with him after her husband died in Illinois. She is buried in Lenox, Taylor, IA and I have a picture of her headstone but I don't have any info about their immigration or when. I don't know how to post the picture on here. Sorry

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 March 17 09:35 BST (UK) »
thank you for answering the question as you can see Robert brown and wife was my gggggrandfather and I have some stuff about there daughter Isabella brown b 1790 who married james clements so I have stuff on them and all there kids and so on and so on. and another of Robert brown kids joseph brown I have loads of stuff on him and all his kids and there kids right up to today

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 March 17 11:05 BST (UK) »
This is my family. Martin Bigger Maharry was my great grandfather. His grandmother, isabella clements, lived with him after her husband died in Illinois. She is buried in Lenox, Taylor, IA and I have a picture of her headstone but I don't have any info about their immigration or when. I don't know how to post the picture on here. Sorry

Hi

Welcome to RootsChat,

If you make one more post you can use the personal message system to chat with William and exchange e-mail address if you wish.

FIND A GRAVE shows Isabella Clements Maharry/Martin Bigger Maharry 1853 - 1938/
and Sarah Isabel Maharry Muncy 1855 - 1932

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=48836783

Sadly there are very few passenger lists showing early immigration unfortunately.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 30 March 17 12:18 BST (UK) »
They may not have travelled directly from Ireland to America. Could have left from port in Scotland or England and/or arrived in Canada first.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!