Author Topic: Smiths  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Aussie Roy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Smiths
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 07:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all who have contributed. All  Smith ancestors of Agnes Jane Smith have now been traced to  E.Knoyle, Wiltshire 1688. Alfred George is still a mystery, not found 1901 census, nor any death record. I have a photograph taken about 1920 in Harlesden Middx at home of Agnes and William Hussey.
Allen(Dorset),Barker(Essex), Batham, Burris, Champelovier(London, Clark (Suffolk), Clay (London), Elliott (Wilts), Faith (Sussex), Hawes (London), Heinemann (Germany),  Hussey (Dorset), Mason (London), Myers (Yorks/Lancs), Parker (Yorks), Phillips(Hamps),  Smith,(Wilts) Wingate (Sussex) , Wiseman, Townson Yorks), Want(Wilts) and more

Offline colin1960

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Chrisopher Hussey from Bridport born 1803
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 November 17 00:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi there are you still interested in Christopher Hussey. He was the illegitimate son of Mary Hussey and was christened at the new Meeting House (Unitarian Church) in Bridport. There is no record of his father but a possibility is that his father was a Robert Copp of Wooton Fitzpaine, Dorset. The Husseys are my relatives as is Christopher who died on the Safrina Boat in Bridport harbour he fell from the birds nest triangle. My relatives moved to London and hen to Letchworth in the 40s
best
Colin