Author Topic: Consecutive sons (or daughters) being born  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: Consecutive sons (or daughters) being born
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 December 04 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Nora  - Wouldn't it be a frustration if the tenth child turned out at last to be a boy, and your neighbours couldn't claim the outright prize for for most consecutive same-sex children on this site!  I wonder how the mother and father feel about the prospect - I bet the father would LOVE to suddenly not be the only male in the household.  And he could at last have someone else to kick his football around in the back garden with (not that some daughters do not like a bit of soccer themselves).
I'm wondering whether the Guinness Book of Records has an entry under this category - I'm afraid I don't own a copy myself.
Keith

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 December 04 18:20 GMT (UK) »
it would break the chain if they had more and they were boys,the eldest is about 20 and the youngest about 8/9 months old, but the mother says she knows, she is having girls, even when she has scans, and they say do you want to knowthe sex , she says,{i can tell you it is a girl] and she is always right! very odd!  but good luck to em, thanks for reply keith, best wishes.nora ::)
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline leagen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Researching Family from Ireland during potato fam
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 December 04 20:02 GMT (UK) »
My ex-mother-in-law had 6 boys before having a girl then had another boy.  If she had kept on I wonder if she would have had a string of boys Again?!  A girlfriend of mine has 4 daus., 2 by husband 1 and 2 by husband 2.  She had said she was going to keep trying for a boy but after the 4th girl w/2 different father's she has decided it is all Her fault she can't make boys and is giving up.  Thank goodness, she has enough!  Leagen
Jenkins-Salmon-Dwyer-Hill-Sargent/ Seargent-Young/ Jung-White-Kinney/ Kenny-Cook-Waterman-O'Neill-McDonald-Shufelt/ Shufeldt-Wilbur/ Wilber-Patterson--Covey-Tisdale-Wells-Dodge-Palmer.