Author Topic: Corns  (Read 7681 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Corns
« on: Monday 27 August 07 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi my gt grandma was Ruth Corns of Wombourne b 1877.I have a very good tree on this lady and am wondering if there is anyone else of this line out there. I dont know much about her siblings. Ernest Harry b 1873. Selina A b 1874 Edith b 1876. Mary b 1879. Harriet b 1881 William 1883 and Joseph b 1885.
The parents were Joseph Corns  1847-1886 and Harriet Vale 1853-1895 born Lichfield. Ruth married 5 April 1898 in Wolverhampton registry William Thomas Spicer who was born 1875 Lower Penn Staffs.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Corns
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 August 07 18:56 BST (UK) »
Iam realy interested to discover what became of Mary b 1879. Selina A b 1874 and Harriet b 1881. My mother always thought Harriet had become a school teacher and had done rather well for herself!!
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Jebbo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 September 07 11:24 BST (UK) »
I have a bunch of CORN(E)S from Wombourne but they are much earlier.

The latest is Hannah CORNES (8 Jun 1765, d. of Samuel CORNES & Elizabeth BRUCE), with ancestors traceable for 4 generations.

--- Tony

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 September 07 11:27 BST (UK) »
a Selina Annie Corns married Q3 1895 in Dudley 6c 157
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 September 07 11:33 BST (UK) »
looks like her husband was William Jones (genealogical nightmare ) the other man on the page was Issac Bunn, there do not appear to be any Bunn/Corns children marriages (after 1911 when mothers maiden names were given) but plenty of Jones/ Corns children and all around Dudley. (i can give you the details if you would like)
the other lady on the page was Lizzie Parker, i cannot find children with the combinaton of Parker/Bunn either.
oh just spotted a Jones/Parker child in 1911  :-\

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 September 07 16:46 BST (UK) »
Hi I checked out this lady some time ago she does not match mine thankyou anyway. Any help always welcome

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 03 September 07 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony I have a Samuel in my tree he was born 1725 and the son of John Corns  b 1702 and wife Rachel. I have no wife or family for him though. But I have as parents for John Richard Corns and wife Ann Cartwright they are my earliest Corns.

The latest is Hannah CORNES (8 Jun 1765, d. of Samuel CORNES & Elizabeth BRUCE), with ancestors traceable for 4 generations.

--- Tony

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 03 September 07 16:55 BST (UK) »
i looked for a birth for Selina Corns and there were only 3 (1866-1920) in the entire BMD index.

here they are:~

Q2   1877   Selina CORNS      Sunderland 10a   639            
Q1   1880   do.  Wolstanton  6b   111          
Q1   1874  Selina Annie CORNS   Wolverhampton6b   539  

as yours is listed as Selina A, and being born in 1874 i think that the marriage and the third birth listed above are very likely to be yours.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 September 07 17:26 BST (UK) »
Yes the birth of Selina Annie is mine. But I searched through the 1901 census and there is no Selina Jones,I suppose she could be using another name as you say though the Jones is a nightmare over 3000 to look through. i looked at all the Selinas again too too many . I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy the marriage cert to check it out. Too many positive certs to send for though at the moment...I did also wade through all the bunns. There is a male surname missing off the marriage page though. Bet your bottom dollar its Selina hubbys.