Author Topic: Name Ford or Ford-Horne  (Read 1005 times)

Offline ros

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Name Ford or Ford-Horne
« on: Friday 19 March 04 21:42 GMT (UK) »
can any one help
i am trying to race another branch of my family
name: Thomas Ford born London (east i think)
no date for him but he died 1932 and married a Frances Hawkins also of London.
This is where it gets difficult as somewhere in this generation he took another name and added it to his own thus becomming Ford - Horne.
I have searched on bmd and on the 1881 for both names separate and joined but no luck at all
Thomas had 9 brothers and 1 sister, can anyone point me in the right direction please
names researching: Riley:Greenhalgh  Pike: Donaldson:of Lancashire
Davies/ Ford-Horne of Wales
clark(e) somerset
HEATH/GALE hereford and somerset

Offline jaq

• RootsChat Senior
  • willing to share resources
    • View Profile
Re:Name Ford or Ford-Horne
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 June 04 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Ros,
you say he died in 1932 is that a definate year? have you applied for his death certificate? which would give you a better idea of his age.

Do you know the names of his brothers / sister? perhaps you could try to gain info that way round.

have you,when using freebmd, tried ticking the box for PHOENETIC surname.?
I managed to get several results for Thomas Ford, but not knowing the approx dates of birth /  marriage, cant say if any are yours.
jaq

Appleby Appleton Bass Dewey Dilks ELEY Fox Foy Frankland Furnivall Hammond Hume lawrence Lewis Manning Moody Muschamp Peck Plumley Spalding Spencer Thurston Watson Willsher Wright Youngs
---
Balls Barker Burton Cambridge Cook Dow Freeman Goody Harrington Mitchell Mitson Penn*ck Playford Smith

Offline Martin4

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Name Ford or Ford-Horne
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 December 04 21:36 GMT (UK) »
hi Ros & Chris in 1066Land

Tom and Frances Ford-Horne died in 1932 and 1956 respectively aged 55 and 84. they had 3 children Lily, Marjorie and Tom. Lily being my grandmother on my late father’s side.
have a lot of Ford-Horne detail from 1919 onwards including certificates of b.m.d and anecdotal information about both generations from my mother now aged 82.
pre 1919 is a mystery, Tom senior was a retired army teacher, perhaps they all lived overseas. can you help?