Author Topic: Myles Gillbanks- Kirkby Ireleth  (Read 3351 times)

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Myles Gillbanks- Kirkby Ireleth
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 20:10 BST (UK) »
HIi Dianelakes we will start with John Gillbanks 1795-1862 who married Betty Shaw. his parents were
 Isaac Banks/Gillbanks 1758-1826 and Isabella Newby 1782-1828, his Father was Isaac Banks/Gillbanks 1732-1798 and Agnes Carter 1719-1803, his father was  Isaac Banks/Gillbanks 1691-1750, and wife Margaret ??.  his Father was Thomas 1655-1703 and Grace Vertue 1662-1706, his Father was most likely John, born about 1630. I shall see if there is anything on the site that gives advice about sharing. I don't know  about Lancasann. I have a tree of Roger's descendants I made a few years ago, I'll see if I can upload it. No, iI can't send it. If you give me your Email address I can send it there as I have just sent it to myself. Regards, Jim.
Banks, Gillbanks, Fallows families in the  Furness area of Lancashire
Banks, Gillbanks, Cumberland. Westmoreland, Lancashire.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 23 August 18 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim
My email is
diane.79harris@btinternet.com
Regards
Diane

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 August 18 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim
Thanks for the trees for Myles and Roger.
I have found your tree as well on Ancestry.I went on the one leaf hint for Thomas Gillbanks 1665 - 1704 (I always leave the leaf hint that says review other member trees) and scrolled down members trees on the left and lo and behold your GILLBANK tree member jamesgillbanks was there.
I can see we have much research to take from each other.
My tree is called Myles Gillbanks family tree and my member name you will see is diane_79harris.
I have managed to untangle Roger and add John William Hanson the seaman.
Diane

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 August 18 14:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, I also sent you the Gillbanks Tree to your email address, did you not get it? I will have a look at your tree. Regards, Jim.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 24 August 18 18:18 BST (UK) »
Tried opening it but my computer didn't seem to like Microsoft Publisher will get one of my sons to have a look at it.
So your Dad was Matthew Gillbanks and your Mum Sarah Betteridge?

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 24 August 18 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, I have difficulty opening these apps sometimes, Is telling you it can't open it or does it just appear as a shapeless mass? If you can't open it, I could try  converting it to Acrobat Reader, but it might throw the format out of shape. Yes Matthew Gillbanks and Sarah Jane Betteridge were my parents. Jim.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 August 18 17:12 BST (UK) »
Just won't let me open it Jim so I will try converting to Acrobat Reader.
Your Mum didn't have it easy did she and you were only two and Ronald one when she died.

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 26 August 18 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, she certainly didn't, losing four children is a hard thing to bear, then to have TB would break anyone, I never knew what she looked like, my Sister June said my Dad had a  biscuit tin with photos in it, but my Stepmother destroyed them all, I have tried finding pics of her, School photos ec, but no good, I'll just have to wait for the Afterlife to find out.;D  I have tried converting the file to Acrobat Reader but have been unsuccessful, if all else fails I can post it to you via Snailmail. there is a site on Facebook called Gillbanks Descendants, it would be worth you joining. Jim.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 26 August 18 18:42 BST (UK) »
 We are all going to have a great party in the afterlife I think Jim but it is going to be hard yards sorting out who belongs to who but then it doesn't matter a jot - tried inserting the emoji smiley and my computer won't let me do that either.
June must be older than you then I can't see anybody on your tree classed as living so I am guessing things.
There is one chap on Ancestry that I found some things for my research and he must have posted himself as dead and added a photo. Now that is what I call a sense of humour but a great way to see the full line of descendants.
Snailmail what on earth is that!
Will venture in to Facebook then!
I guess in the meantime you will have to look at yourself and June and any of your Dad and build a picture of the bits that look like Matthew and the bits that must have come from your Mum.
I wonder but I guess you have tried this is to do an ancestry tree search from a leaf on your Mum's side the Betteridge's to see who is also doing their tree and may have added a photo.