Author Topic: Myles Gillbanks- Kirkby Ireleth  (Read 3398 times)

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Myles Gillbanks- Kirkby Ireleth
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 26 August 18 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, snailmail is just ordinary mail  :D  I did enquire of the other Betteridge familes whether they had a photo of my Mum, but got no luck June was christened Sarah June instead of Sarah Jane after our Mum, by my Aunt Emma didn't like Jane, and gave Sarah June when asked by the Vicar. You will enjoy the Gillbanks Descendants although not too many are writing in just now. Jim.
Banks, Gillbanks, Fallows families in the  Furness area of Lancashire
Banks, Gillbanks, Cumberland. Westmoreland, Lancashire.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 27 August 18 18:19 BST (UK) »
Had such a laugh with my grown up sons today thanks to you when I was telling them about you. They know the coat cupboard shelf is filled with files of genealogy of my family. I said about snail mail and my 34 year old son Ian (middle 3 letters of my name somebody said Diane you have got to name this baby) who still lives at home the other boy and two girls have moved out. I said snail mail and Ian said Royal Mail Mam. We just about rolled on the floor laughing.
I like Aunt Emma who was she Jim?

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 27 August 18 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, now you know what Snail Mil is. LOL. Emma was my Dad's sister born in 1902, I believe she was very bossy as a child, looks like it carried over to adulthood, I always wondered why my Mum or Dad didn't change it back again. I think you can register fora Free Guest Account on Ancestry if you have a paid Account, or at least I think that's what it means. Jim.

Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 18:10 BST (UK) »
I guess they didn't want to mess with Emma then or thought what the heck June is nice and it looks like your sister thought so too. There is black sheep and a bossy one in everyone's family I guess Jim. My sister was or i should say is but we don't speak now is the bossy one.
I know I shouldn't but I kinda like Elizabeth Gillbanks in a way she stands out a mile on the tree with so many questions that I would like to ask her.
Tell you what though I wouldn't be many of the women I have researched in the trees I have been building. Did they have it tough or what! I would rather have gone down the pit than go through what some of our brave female ancestors went through.
What advantages are there to a guest account Jim when I have a paid account?

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 18:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, they certainly did have a hard time, many of them had 10 kids, and there are a few who had 15 kids, even with all the modern facilities I don't think many women now would cope.I don't think having a paid account would let you see myTree, but I don't want it public, there is a wayI can invite you to see it as a guest, I'll just have to see how. Jim.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane if you are registered you can be invited to view someone else's tree, I would need your email address I think that is all . On you ancestry account click on HELP and scroll down to the various catagories and see if I'm correct. Jim.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 28 August 18 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, I have invited you to see my tree, it's by email. Jim.
Betteridge, Liverpool,

Offline Dianelakes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 30 August 18 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim
I can see your tree and I am going to have such a lot of fun looking at all your research.
I am only having a sneak peek at the moment as I am on my lunch hour at work.
Oh you are a twin that's amazing. I have always been fascinated by identical twins and the way they connect to each other.
I love the fact you have photos too they are amazing.
Have a good day
Diane

Offline jimgillbanks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 31 August 18 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane, glad you found the site, are you looking at the Gillbanks Family Tree, or GILLBANK, the GILLBANK on is the one I started for the New Zealand branch primarily and haven't advanced it much, the one on Freepages had lots more on it, and the NZ mob had lots of kids, I shall have to try building that up again. I also have my tree on the Sims Family Tree, Kay Sims owns, and pays for the site, and on my DNA matches is an AlisonHarris47 listed as a Fourth Cousin, is she any relation to you? The funny thing is that on my Gillbanks Family Tree  she is not shown, that is a puzzle. Best Wishes, Jim.
Betteridge, Liverpool,