Author Topic: Bradbury Llanidloes  (Read 5922 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Re: Bradbury Llanidloes
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 September 07 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan, my Tom ?, Eric connection, was actually christened Francis, he is a couple of years older than I, so he would have been b. 1934/5, his family  moved to Derbyshire to work on the Ladybower Reservoir , then moved to Sheffield to work in the steel industry.
 Tony
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline sarahbradbury

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 June 11 23:01 BST (UK) »
hey there i know this is a late addition to this feed - but Bodger... Tommy Bradbury was my grandfather, married to Avis.
Had 2 boys Bryan and Christopher (Chris being my dad) I never met then, Tommy died when my dad was 13 and Avis followed 3 years later i believe. I have a family tree here  somewhere - but need to track it down.

Who are you still looking for?
Sarah

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 June 11 08:43 BST (UK) »
Sarah, welcome to Rootschat, i think you will find it extremely benificial to your genealogy research.
Re  the Bradbury, i would be very interested to see if we have a connection, when was your grandfather Tommy born?.

When you have posted 3 messages you can then p.m. (personal messages) to other members, this allows members to discuss matters that they may wish to keep private such as e-mail adresses , living people, etc. you can access this facillity by clicking on the other members name on the left hand side of their posted message.
Looking forward to chatting further, Tony aka bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 June 11 10:43 BST (UK) »
I think i have the connection, Thomas Gordon Bradbury, b. 1910, m. 1936, Avis M Bennett, b.19??, i have one child, William G. b.1937, i guess if you have only two sons, Bryan and Christopher, that William G, may have died ?

My connection is via my mothers 2nd. marriage to William Eric Bradbury, b. 1908, a son of William Bradbury, 1881- 1936, & his wife, Margaret Clayton, b.1884, they married in 1905.

My Mother and Eric had a daughter,(my step sister) Eileen, and she is the connection, her grandfather William, b1881, & Isaac, b. 1879 were brothers, if i am correct Isaac was your G. grandfather ?. regards, bodger