Author Topic: Keating Family of Cahirciveen  (Read 31149 times)

Offline Rambling Rose

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Keating Family of Cahirciveen
« on: Sunday 02 September 07 01:31 BST (UK) »
Anybody researching Daniel Keating born around 1840, sons Daniel and Jeremiah.I am Daniel's gt gt grand daughter.Have quite a lot of info on family if anyone would like to contact me?

Offline texas gal

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Keating Family of Cahirciveen
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 November 08 02:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi, My husband's grandfather was Jeremiah Daniel Keating.

Born around 1842 in Cahirciveen, County Kerry.

My husband is from Daniel's second marriage to Mary Doody.

Daniel worked for the railroad in Texas.

Does any of this sound like your Daniel?

Thanks,
Debbie Keating

Offline GAJM

• I have turned off all notifications of new replies
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 November 08 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Found these in Boston Pilot might be worth keeping in your files

7 October 1854 GEOFFREY KEATING, of Caherciveen, parish of Everaugh, co Kerry, who went to London, got married and came from there 2 yrs ago or more, and was at Mich Kelly's 1 yr ago last Christmas. His wife and two children are now at Mr Kelly's and would like to hear from him. Address M Kelly, Box 262 Springfield P O, Clarke co, O. Volume III: 1854 - 1856

13 October 1866 JEREMIAH KEATING, native of Letter Castle, parish of Caherciveen, county Kerry, who came to America in November, 1863; when last heard from, he was in Memphis, Tennessee, but heard lately that he left there and went to St Louis, Missouri. - Any information of him will be thankfully received by his sister, Miss Bridget Keating. Direct to her in care of Mr James Gearin, No 5 Humphry Place, Boston, Mass. Volume VI: 1866 - 1870

14 March 1868 ELLEN KEATING and CATHERINE KEATING, of Cahirciveen, county Kerry, Ireland. They are daughters of John Keating and Mary Keating (maiden name Mary Laurence Sullivan). Ellen came to this country about 17 years ago, and Alley [sic] and Catherine about five years later. I heard Catherine lived in a place called Winnooskie Falls, near Burlington, in 1862; but I wrote and got no answer. I believe the three sisters were together one time in Burlington, Vermont, some years ago. They might be there still for all I know. Any information of them, dead or alive will be thankfully received by their brother, Cornelius Keating, Penobscot Station, near Whitehaven, Luzerne county, Pennsylvania, in care of David Ross. Volume VI: 1866 - 1870

7 January 1882 MAURICE KEATING, son of Jeffrey Keating, a native of county Kerry, who left there for New Zealand; when last heard from, three years ago, was in Otago, New Zealand. Information of him will be received by his father, Jeffrey Keating, Cahirciveen, county Kerry, or by his brother, Jeremiah Keating, 178 Main Street, Charlestown, Boston, Mass. Volume VIII: 1877 - 1920

Offline Brendan Joseph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 April 09 15:34 BST (UK) »
I would love to talk to you, I think I may have already sorted out Debbie's line, I would like to fill in the info on my family tree.

Brendan

Offline blobbyblob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 June 11 02:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Rambling - These dates and names fit right in on my info I have for my Keatings

Can you share your info?

Dom

Offline JAK170

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi. only reading your message regarding the Keating Family of Cahirciveen. Would you know is this the same family that in 1966 , J.C.Keating & sons Ltd  salvaged 120 kilometers of the (copper) International Telephone Cable which ran from Valencia Island, County Kerry to America. On a tape recording of my grandfather in 1973, he recounts when he was in the army they were stationed on the Island to protect the cable station just before the out break of WW1 in 1914. The cable station is well documented but I cannot find any further info on the salvage. Any info or photos would be much appreciated.

Jak170

Offline Purbeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 27 October 11 22:01 BST (UK) »
Blobby Blob and Jak170 could you please message me re Keatings of Cahirciveen , I have had to alter my name and re-register but posted this originally as Rambling Rose. It's been a long time since I was here!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 27 October 11 22:04 BST (UK) »
You'll probably need to have 3 posts before using PM system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Purbeck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 29 October 11 22:14 BST (UK) »
Ah right thanks aghadowey.