Author Topic: William/s of Llanelli  (Read 14040 times)

Offline northampton Lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William/s of Llanelli
« Reply #18 on: Monday 03 January 11 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Have just returned to roots chat after long absence. Am still interested in tracing Christmas Williams history Llanelli. Can anyone help

Offline Diana21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 07 November 11 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Dear Welsh Lady

I am sorry not to have been in contact over your kind offer to go into the Llanelli registry office for me.    I had forgotten my log in details and so joined again but of course did not see any of the old replies to posts.  I was googling different addresses for my Williams family and found my old log in details!
So... would it be possible for you to look for a death for John Williams 1805's death.   It would be between 1833 and 1841,   the address would be either Blaennant or Penyfynglawdd farm I think.  Penyfynglawdd farm seems to be crucial.         Also for Catherine nee Jonah around the same dates.     I joined Ancestry and cannot find his death on there as there is not that much information given.
I have the marriage cert of John 1805 and Catherine 1807 now.  I have the baptism of John 1805 at Capel Als with parents Thomas W and Diana.
thank you so much
Diana

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello  :)

You are not allowed to see the records at the register office, but you can contact Llanelli register office by email and ask them to search:
http://www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/english/living/registrars/pages/registrar.aspx

They will be able to check from second half of 1837 through to start of 1841 for a death certificate of John Williams at the places you name. If they have the certificate you can purchase by telephone, with a credit card.

Prior to that you would need access to Church records at the record office in Carmarthen.

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline Diana21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for you kind help

Diana