Author Topic: Kincardineshire Graveyards  (Read 8479 times)

Offline ~meg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Kincardineshire Graveyards
« on: Saturday 18 December 04 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Colin Milne’s site on NE Scotland Genealogy has been previously recommended on the Sharing Links page.  For those who might have missed it, here is the link related to graveyards in Kincardineshire:

Kincardineshire Graveyards:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nescotland/graveyards/grkincd.htm

~meg
"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit"

Offline ron_dem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Kincardineshire Graveyards
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 February 06 17:36 GMT (UK) »
I was aware of this site previously, now revisited because of this posting, I am glad I did, since there was the headstone of my great great great grandafther David Watson and his wife Catherine Barclay, at Arburthnott.
Dempsey, Hampton, Bon(n)ar, Wilson,
Stewart (2) Wilson (2) Barclay, Watson, Meldrum, Brand (2), Kinloch, Nicol, Brown, McNeillis, Gallocher, O'Donnell (2), Harper, Main,  Thomson, Donnelly,

Offline Fian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 April 09 01:44 BST (UK) »
HI not sure ifyou will pick this up but my relations are the watsons from Fetteresso and Durris and I have a David son of Charles and Margaret os this the same as yours?
Fian
Kincardineshire Smith Robertson Scroggie Kelman
Orkney Logie Arndle
Harris Campbell MacRae McDonald MacSween MacLennan
Edinburgh Robertson Penman Cockburn Melrose Greig Waddell Veitch Henderson
Glasgow Alexander Halfpenny Bradbury McCulloch McTavish
Ireland Bradbury Mackle Murphy Mackle Gallagher McGown Elliot McManus

Offline lydiaann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 April 09 18:12 BST (UK) »
And yet another Watson in my family - a little later.  My Great-grandfather, Andrew Craven, married Jane Watson, daughter of John and Ann (Barron) in 1877 in Banchory-Ternan.  I have come across a John Watson born about 1772 and wife Ann, born about 1771, both of Banchory-Ternan but haven't yet connected the dots.  Any clues?
Cravens of Wakefield, Alnwick, Banchory-Ternan
Houghtons and Harrises of Melbourne, Derbyshire
Taylors of Chadderton/Oldham, Lancashire
MacGillivrays of Mull
Macdonalds of Dundee

Offline matth364

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kincardineshire Graveyards
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 April 13 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hello from Canada,
My great grandmother died at Balbegno cottages in 1892 and I'd like to find out where she is buried. I was recently in touch with Colin Milne by email; he kindly checked the kirkyard records but didn't find her record.  Unfortunately, he couldn't help me with the stand alone graveyard on B966 close by Balbegno.  This cemetery is not part of the ANESFHS current listing.  It might make sense that she would be buried there.  Does anyone have a list or know where I can get information on that particular graveyard?  WWI information is available, but not private individuals.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you. Jean

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
Re: Kincardineshire Graveyards
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Jean

I've been to the cemetery on the B966 close by Balbegno today and confirm that I could not find either Charles Smith or his wife Jane Stuart Grant Smith.  It's a beautifully kept cemetery, but the earliest gravestone I could find was dated 1923.

I also went round the churchyard in Fettercairn, but again could not find either Charles or Jane.  Just in case it is of interest I did find Annie Burnett of Cairnton of Balbegno bur 1907.

Guess this might count as negative evidence

Valerie
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne