Author Topic: Hannah GOODCHILD  (Read 6095 times)

Offline greatchi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah GOODCHILD
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 August 17 10:46 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a Susan, or Susannah Goodchild.  She was the daughter of William.  She was born around 1815c
I wonder if there might be a connection, somewhere, here, maybe William was the brother of Thomas?
On the 1861 census, Susan is married to David Woolard, as a widow, her married name was then, Cook. It says that she was from Dennington, Suffolk, but cant find this anywhere else.  I believe that she was, originally partner to John Cook. She had a son Samuel  who I found the birth record of and it gives as son of Susannah Goodchild and John Cook, so presume they never married, as can't find a marriage for them.

Hi

I have a Susan Goodchild daughter of Ruth Goodchild 1792 • Badingham, Suffolk, England and William Threadkell 1801 • Saxmundham, Suffolk, , England

Offline DELLA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 August 17 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hello
Since I posted this on Rootschat which was quite time ago now I have found out more of the family.
Susan or Sussanah was the daughter of Ruth Goodchild. William was her uncle and I think he must have given her away as she named him as her father on her marriage record.
Ruth had Susan before she married a man named William Threadkell.
I believe Ruth also had a other daughter.
Susan was my great great grand.mother.
Thank you for your reply.

Offline greatchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 15:33 BST (UK) »
Susan is my 1st cousin 5 times removed :)