Author Topic: Kilbarrack Burial Ground  (Read 6582 times)

Offline colvin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kilbarrack Burial Ground
« on: Tuesday 18 September 07 19:48 BST (UK) »
Still trying to find any information on my grandmother's (Mary Fitzpatrick) family  She was born in 1881 and baptised in the Church of St Peter & Paul, Baldoyle. She was married in St Brendon's RC Church, Coolock on 17 July 1905 and moved to Scotland.  I know she had one brother, James (Jimmy), and that her father was Christopher and her mother Rose.   I have now across two receipts from The Kilbarrack Burial Ground, County Dublin, both purchased by James Fitzpatrick of Raheny (my grandmother's brother?).   One is dated 28 March 1920 but the lair no and name of the deceased are illegible.   The other is dated 22 February 1932 for the internment of John Fitzpatrick, lair no E5416.  Could he have been another brother?
Is this burial ground still in existence and is there a procedure for finding out information on the above internments?
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Kilbarrack Burial Ground
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 September 07 22:21 BST (UK) »
It's certainly still in existence and is open daily.
It is on the coast road on the way out towards Howth. I don't know who has the records, but if you ever want a photo taken of a headstone, I can go have a look for you, if you are not in Dublin.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline Taidquest

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Quo Fata Vocant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 September 07 08:33 BST (UK) »
hi, some names here do match the surname  and
it clearly says the cemetery is still in use and its location.
                                                                               regards.anne
http://www.interment.net/data/ireland/dublin/kilbarrack/index.htm
<br />UK Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchive

Offline colvin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 September 07 16:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help, Anne.  Unfortunately the names listed do not appear to be for my family.  Fitzpatrick is a very common name in Ireland I now realise.
Dublin 1850.  Thanks for the offer but I am not sure if the family would have had enough money to purchase a headstone.   As I live in England I am not able to visit the cemetery but I shall get in touch with the Burial Ground now that I know it still exists.
Again many thanks

Offline gormangenealogy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 December 07 15:08 GMT (UK) »

Hi, you might like to contact a FRANK SMITH he is the head caretaker for Kilbarrack Cemetery and of St Fintains Cemetery in Sutton where all BURIAL records for both cemeteries are held.
Phone number is +35318393877 from outside Ireland.

I live only 10min drive from cemetery.

Offline colvin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 December 07 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Gormangenealogy
Thanks for your interest.   I have already been in touch with the Burial Ground and the Foreman very kindly looked up his records for me.   He is looking further into my Fitzpatrick family and will be in touch again in the New Year.   I feel I am now getting some positive info on the Irish side of my family after many months of searching.
Colvin

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 December 07 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Would this be your family:
Christopher Fitzpatrick m. Rose Connolly
1. James born 29 July 1879 Dublin Co.Dublin
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline colvin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 December 07 17:59 GMT (UK) »
aghadowey
Yes, that certainly looks like my family. My grandmother was Mary Fitzpatrick, born 1881.  She married my grandfather, a Scottish miner, in 1905 at Coolock, Co Dublin and moved to Scotland to begin married life, where she remained until her death in 1957.    She had eleven children, none of whom knew anything about her background, but I have always been interested and am now trying to find out about my Fitzpatrick family from Dublin.
Thanks for your interest.
Colvin

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 June 17 15:51 BST (UK) »