Author Topic: lletty hotel  (Read 15327 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: lletty hotel
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 March 16 09:05 GMT (UK) »
The Welshnewspapersonline facility of The National Library of Wales have an announcement of a daughter(unnamed) to the wife of Mr J Thompson of The Lletty Hotel in 1883.
They also have an announcement of his death aged 41 in Sept 1897 when he is at The Cattle Market Inn,Stanley,near Liverpool.

Regards
Roger

Offline tomba

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 March 16 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Roger thanks for that this is the family I am looking for but I don't seem to be able to find the right link do you have a link for me Please

Thanks
McGuffog, Grieve, Broadfoot, Flett, Rigg, Riddick, Gillies, Jobson, Gillies, Bath, Hanna, Betterridge, Ellem,

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 01 March 16 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Try this:-

http://newspapers.library.wales/view/3751177/3751181/45/

(haven't mastered links on Apple Mac had to revert to Windows!)

For other searches use quotation marks for exact phrases.

Regards
Roger

Offline tomba

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 02 March 16 02:56 GMT (UK) »
thanks for that I have found quite a bit I have been looking for a death notice of Robert Thomson he died on the 10th December 1868 Robert died at Kelston in the Parish of Llanasa in the County of Flint. he was only 37 It seems strange he died as such a young age his wife Margaret went into bankruptcy and had to sell the farm  they had quite a large family 9 children in total
jenny
McGuffog, Grieve, Broadfoot, Flett, Rigg, Riddick, Gillies, Jobson, Gillies, Bath, Hanna, Betterridge, Ellem,

Offline SCOUSEONE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 27 March 17 13:06 BST (UK) »
don't know if you will see this, but my great uncle and his family were running the pub in the 1930's WILLIAM DENOVAN, and his wife, ELSIE WOOD DENOVAN,....they had several brothers in the licensed trade, mostly in Liverpool....

Offline Tryweryn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 00:34 BST (UK) »
I used to go there with the kids years ago. Very much a drinking pub but welcoming to strangers and family. I prob have some pics somewhere. Very basic inside but a welcome of any 5 star pub. Steeped in history Ill go there this week if its open again. Nostalgia....cant beat it lol

Offline jacko9327

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 12 April 18 13:44 BST (UK) »
The Lletty hotel is currently up for sale and i need of a lot of work. Im personally trying ro raise funds through justgiving and other various funding organisations to purchase and restore the lletty but not having much look so far!! Im a local to mostyn and have been all my life, my grandparents and parents actually met and wed in the lletty many moons ago! Its a great pub, and a shame to see it how it is now! Id love the chance to save it amd re open the place!!! some more history on the justgiving page and an upto date photo! It would be great if any of you could help!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/lletty-hotel-mostyn

Offline Peanut77

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 04 May 18 04:14 BST (UK) »

Hi Steven. Don't know if you're still interested but I passed the Lletty Hotel today and it was open and looking good - see photo attached.

Also I have a copy of a document from 1928 when it was being sold off - one of 44 licensed houses - by St Winefred's Brewery Company for £1,000. At that time it had been occupied by the tenant Mr M Cohen for 5 years.

I can email you a copy if you like.

Hi

Do you still have the copy of the 1928 document regarding the Lletty Hotel?
If so would you mind sending me a copy?

We submitted an offer to buy the pub today and are keen to get as much information/history on the property as we can.

If anyone has any old photos they could post on here or send to me via email that would be fab!

We want to achieve a sympathetic refurb which will require taking her back to her bare bones and removing hundreds of years of who knows what on the hope of finding some original features.

Once the renovation has been completed we intend to reopen the old girl as a family run pub for locals/visitors/families.

Thank you

Tina