Author Topic: St Clements - BREE / completed  (Read 15739 times)

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: St Clements - BREE
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 October 07 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hello again

Glad that I have been of use!

If you want copies of BMD certificates then you apply to the Superintendent Registrar. Details can be found at:

http://genuki.weald.org.uk/chi/alex/ciresearch.html#faq4

If you've not seen this site before it can be very useful.

If you want copies of other documents then they have to be ordered from the Archive Centre. Being a "local" I just collect them and they charge me £1 a copy. I'm not sure of the procedures for other people so suggest you email them at:

archives@jerseyheritage.org

Let me know if you encounter any problems and I'll get the copies done for you and send them on.

As regards the birth date of DGB, you are right it is 24/11/1934. Put it down to finger trouble and old age!

You sent me a personal reply re Amelia but there wasn't anything attached!

Stewart

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 October 07 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Alleycat

I bit more information.

Jean Francois Carboulec Bree died  8th September 1971 at Overdale Hospital aged 58 years 3 months. The reference is St Helier Deaths, July 1971 - March 1973, volume 75, page 5. His occupation was given as gardener.

I then looked at the deaths column in the Jersey Evening Post and there was an entry in 10th September 1971.

Passed peacefully away on September 8th 1971 at St. Helier, Jean Francois Carboulec Bree aged 58 years, late gardener of The Mermaid Hotel, St. Peter. Deeply mourned by his sister Emily and brother-in-law George and family.

I'm finding this quite interesting. Do you want me to see if I can find a living relative?

Stewart

Offline Alleycat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 October 07 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewart, thanks a heap for finding out everything. You don't know how excited everyone was at my genealogy class to hear that I (you) have found my family at last. Sorry that you got an empty personal reply, I must have pressed the wrong button, so again thanks for your time on helping me find my family. In regards to finding a living relative - that would be really great, as I wasn't aware that he had a sister, only the brother you found. Dad did say that his father did have other children (?7) with another woman (? as to her name) and that he has twin step sisters and a step sister called Shiona.
Again many, many thanks, as I wouldn't know where I would be with my poor little sapling if it hadn't been for you and your willingness to help.
 Alleycat

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 October 07 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Alleycat

Well I have now searched all the marriage and death records from 1950 for any mention of you aunts and uncles. Apart from John (see later) they seem to have disappeared as I can find no trace.

John Charles Bree married 9th Sept 1953 at St Clement's Church (the same church that I was married in!!). He was a signalman in the army and gave his residence as St. Clement but born in St Helier. His father was John Francis Bree, a labourer.

His wife was Beryl Sylvia Holloway, aged 20 who resided in St Clement but was born in Folkstone, Kent. Her father was Ernest Edward Daniel Holloway, a postman.

The marriage was dissolved 21st Nov 1959.

I think I've come to a brick wall as far as Jersey connections go.

Stewart

Offline Alleycat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 November 07 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stewart,
I would like to thankyou very much for all your help and time in assisting me to find my family. Maybe we will be in contact again when I look for someone else.
Many thanks
Alleycat   :)

Offline lili-willow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Clements - BREE / completed
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 July 13 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hello there

my name is Lisa Baker and my great grandmother was Marie Alexandrine Jenkinson(nee Belhomme) i have been doing some research andi have stumbled upon these messages asking about my great-nana and here life and marriage in jersey, i have concluded pretty much the same info but would like to help my nana (marie daughter) piece together her life and if there is other family that no body knows about? my great-nana moved to Glanford, Holt, England with my nana and her 2 older brothers with my great grandad. through her death in 1997 we found that they had never married hence why i am delving into her past to find out more info!!

so any help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards
 :)

Offline Denny123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 July 15 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am one of six grandchildren of Derek John Bree. I thought I would add this information on for you.
We are currently trying to find out more information on my grandfathers childhood as it was something he kept a secret. He passed away earlier this year and we have only found out small amounts from what my father (who would be your cousin) was given of his possessions.
Do you know anything about your fathers childhood at all?

Many Thanks

Offline Alleycat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 July 15 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa & Denny123,

My name is Alice and I live in Australia.
Sorry, to have not replied any earlier but I forgot that I had started this page.
Marie Alexandrine Bree (Belhomme) was my grandmother, my dad - David George Bree was born in 1934, in St Clements, Jersey.
Denny - dad had a brother Derek, born about 1940.

Dad didn't talk about his childhood very much and it wasn't until a few years before his death that I was finally able to find his older brother - John.

I haven't been able to do much with my tree, but if I can help, let me know.

Alice

Offline Kim Bree McNeice

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 01 January 16 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alice,

I am looking into the Bree family for my partner (Kimberley Coral Bree) and came across your messages. John Charles Bree is her granddad and Beryl Holloway was her grand mother but know very little about them and the rest of the Bree Family. Would you be interested in sharing some information? It seems that you have gathered quite abit of information that would be of great interest to us and maybe we can add bits to your tree from her line.

Kind Regards

Jamie