Author Topic: Robert and Jane WILSON, Magheracross  (Read 8042 times)

Offline Kerry-Lynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert and Jane WILSON, Magheracross
« Reply #9 on: Monday 21 March 16 20:50 GMT (UK) »
One more thing: Gwyneth, I believe your ancestors were indeed Robert Wilson and Jane Unknown -- BUT not Jane Bleakly. Your carpenter ancestor Robert, you say, resided in Mullaghmeen in County Fermanagh. My Robert, the one who married Jane Bleakly, resided in Moorfield, County Tyrone. Your couple would have been a little younger. I descend from my Robert's son Newburk Wilson and his eldest son Robert Newburk Wilson -- who was born in Cardinal, Ontario in 1838 (called Port Elgin at the time).

Offline shaunhobson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 21 March 16 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Kerry-Lynne, the death record I have for Robert McGregor Wilson indicates he was born in Cardinal on 12 March 1836.  Do you have a source document to contradict this?

Offline Kerry-Lynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Shaun, My ancestor, firstborn of Newburk Wilson, is Robert Newburk Wilson -- no McGregor in his name. He was born at Cardinal on March 11, 1836 -- according to his gravestone inscription at Iroquois Point; I have not seen a death certificate. I do have a copy of a death notice for him. I visited his home when I was a little girl, when his daughter still lived there, before the flooding of the town of Iroquois for the new Seaway. This is my family and I know a lot about them. They were active members of the Knox Church in Iroquois. As for County Tyrone origins, the names Newburk Wilson and Jane Bleakly have been known to my family since the last century. Who do you descend from?

Offline shaunhobson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Kerry-Lynne,

My husband descends from Newburk Wilson through his fourth child, James Armstrong.  I have information on this line.  Thank you for clarifying Robert's name, I can not find a reference to MacGregor in any of my source documents (I am not sure how I added that middle name).  I do have some source records that have a middle initial 'N' (1891 and 1911 Canada census).  The death record I found is on ancestry.com and indicates the birthdate as 12 March 1836 (the informant was his daughter, Annie).

I would love to collaborate.  I will forewarn you that I am currently cleaning up my file to make sure the information I have for the individuals does match the source documents.  This is going to take me awhile as I have over 7000 individuals, but I am plugging along and am more than willing to share the information I have confirmed.

Offline Kerry-Lynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Shaun, Robert was baptized by J.H. Beck Lindsay (who had married his parents) in the Anglican Church. I looked at that years ago, and got the 11th as the birthdate; more research needed, I guess, on that. I have only two children for your James:
James Armstrong b 13 Dec 1845 Shanly, d 2 Feb 1918 Matilda, bur Shanly, m Louisa Lucinda Wallace 10 Sept 1874 Edwardsburgh, b 14 Mar 1852 Where? d 14 Mar 1937 Iroquois, bur Shanly, daughter of Jeremiah Wallace and Mary Ann Gamble.
Children of James Armstrong Wilson & Louisa Lucinda Wallace:
1.Sarah Ann b 9 Aug 1874 or 1876 Shanly (bap 26 Jan 1877), d 1950 Where? m Peter Perry Pomeroy Everett 2 Mar 1897 Shanly, b 8 Aug 1860 Iroquois, d 19 Jan 1931 Where?
Note: Children with Peter Perry Pomeroy: Margaret Louise; James Sparling; Gideon Earl; Alberta Rosannah.
2.James b 1882 Shanly (bap 3 Jul 1890), d When Where? m Unknown

Offline shaunhobson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Responses to your questions:

Louisa Lucinda Wallace was born in Ventnor.

Sarah Ann's birth record indicates she was born 09 Aug 1876.  She died 18 June 1950 in Iroquois.

Peter Perry Pomeroy Everett's death record indicates he was born 08 August 1853 in Burritos Rapids (the informant was his son, James).  He died in Matilda and was buried at Iroquois Point.

Children of Sarah Ann and Peter Perry Pomeroy Everett are James Sparling, Zidon Earl, Margaret Louise, Alberta Rosannah and Iva Zella.

I don't have any information regarding a James born to James and Louisa Wilson.  Where did you get your source information from?

Are you a member of ancestry.com?  I have a family tree on that site.

Offline Kerry-Lynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Shaun, I am not a member of Ancestry.com. There are many errors in submissions on that site -- beware! Thanks for the additional data on James. I have consulted my records since getting your note and can find no source for a James Junior, so will remove him. Here's more of what I have, open to correction. I do appreciate your assistance and will reciprocate with any information you should wish to have.
Sarah Ann’s family, in 1901, lived with her parents, James and Louisa. Sarah Ann’s son, James Sparling Pomeroy, a soldier, would live in Brockville. Zidon must not have survived childhood, as cousin Emma M. Doran noted that James Sparling was Sarah Ann’s only son. Margaret Louise, who resided in Toronto, would have five sons. Alberta Rosannah provided data on her family when interviewed by Emma in 1976. The Perry mentioned in Emma’s notes may be a grandson of Alberta. Perry would have four girls and lived in Brockville, also Prescott, Belleville and Winnipeg.

Offline shaunhobson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I am aware that I need to be careful with information other people post on Ancestry.com.  I try to only add information that I can prove with source documents is accurate, but I have made mistakes; hence the need to clean my file.  I only suggest ancestry because it would be one way to communicate and share information in a more private setting.  I don't want to post my email on this public site.

I will keep you in mind when I get to this family in my file and start cleaning and adding to it.  I have the following source documents:

Peter Perry Pomeroy Everett:  1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901, 1911, 1921 Canada Census records, Death record

Sarah Ann (Wilson) Everett:  1881, 1891, 1901, 1911, 1921 Canada Census records, Birth record

James Sparling Everett (no Pomeroy in his name):  1901, 1911, 1921 Canada Census records, Marriage record to Mina Mae Ellis, digitized Obituary (this is the line my husband is from)

Zidon Earl Everett:  1901, 1911 Canada Census records, Death record (22 May 1914 in Iroquois Canal by drowning)

Margaret Louise Everett:  1911, 1921 Canada Census records, Birth record.  I have the names of her husband and 5 sons, but no sources - I received this information from a trusted relative.  I would love any further information you have on this line.

Alberta Rosannah Everett:  1911, 1921 Canada Census records.  I would love the information you have from Aunt Alberta (my mother-in-law spoke fondly of this aunt but I have no information)

Iva Zella Everett: 1921 Canada Census record (I am only aware of this individual by this 1921 census record and have no further information on her)

There is a Peter Perry Everett who was very interested in genealogy and is my husband's uncle.  He was known by the name Perry.  He lived in Smiths Falls.  He had four sisters; 1 lived in Belleville, 1 in Prescott, 1 in Brockville and 1 in Winnipeg (my mother-in-law).  I think this is the Perry you are referring to.

Look forward to our sharing of information.  Please let me know if there is specific information you would like and I will see if I have it.

Offline Kerry-Lynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 23 March 16 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Shaun, Unfortunately, I have nothing more on Alberta. She was interviewed in 1976 by a relative, Emma Doran. Emma was born in 1901 (granddaughter of Robert N. Wilson of Iroquois). She did a lot of legwork, assembling notes on the Wilson family history long before the Internet came along. What I sent you were the few words transcribed from her conversation with Alberta.
Have you been to the Shanly graveyard? James Armstrong Wilson's grave is there, along with most of his siblings. James owned Lot 3 in Concession 7 (Shanly, Edwardsburgh). I have a photograph of Newburk's gravestone and also a photograph of Robert N. Wilson's house in Iroquois.
Do you want the story of Robert N. Wilson? Do you know anything about him?