Author Topic: VIC - Marriage(s) -Look up please  (Read 77992 times)

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: VIC - Marriage(s) -Look up please
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 06 October 07 07:47 BST (UK) »
Also  I  did  note  that Ann Amelia  HEASAM  marrried  in 1871  to a  James Bradley  so  one might draw  the assumption  that  this  may  very well not be  you Heasman  family  and  it may  not be a  trail  at all.

Lu,
The Ann Amelia HEASMAN born in 1846 in Victoria (the record you found in the IGI) may indeed be completely unconnected to your family - as I am well aware (you too ;) ).  However, I've tried to provide as much info as I could find about that family for completeness and just in case a name might ring a bell with you.  Especially if any members of that HEASMAN family went to NZ.

Unfortunately I couldn't find the deaths of William HEASMAN or Jane Elizabeth (AYLMORE) HEASMAN in Vic - perhaps some else might have more success (I don't have access to all the Vic CDs).

Jenn,
See my earlier posts.

Just so there's no confusion  :)

It is not an Ann Amelia HEASMAN who married James BRADLEY in 1871.  It is an Amelia HEASMAN.

William HEASMAN & 'Elizabeth JANE'/Jane/Jane Elizabeth AYLMORE had
*Ann Amelia in 1846
*Amelia in 1851.

An Annie HEASMAN (birthplace not listed in the index) married an Alexander MORININI in 1862 and they had a daughter Amelia in 1864 (with Annie's surname indexed as HAESMAN).  Annie might be the 1846 Ann Amelia - one would need to see the marriage certificate.  I didn't find any further records of them - perhaps someone else might have more success.

An Amelia HEASMAN (b Melb) married a James BRADLEY in 1871.  Amelia might be the 1851 Amelia - one would need to see the marriage certificate.  I didn't find any further records of them - perhaps someone else might have more success.

Good luck Lu in your search for the elusive RICHINGSs!  If one really wanted to dream up a complex scenario, perhaps Alexander MORININI passed away and Annie went on to marry, and have children with, Thomas RICHINGS  ::)   ::)

JAP
PS: Lu, I think you said that nephew James RICHINGS's army file indicated that he was NZ-born?  

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 06 October 07 08:08 BST (UK) »
Good luck Lu in your search for the elusive RICHINGSs!  If one really wanted to dream up a complex scenario, perhaps Alexander MORININI passed away and Annie went on to marry, and have children with, Thomas RICHINGS   

Ah well dream  on  Jap  Did  you  do  a search  to follow  through  to Annie Mornini death  I  don't won't to duplicate  your efforts

perhaps  Lu  can  make  something  out of  all  this!!

Oh  and  I stand corrected  it is  Amelia not Ann Amelia  the  other Annie
 was  very young  indeed  to  marry  if  it was her but not imposible  at all
JAP
PS: Lu, I think you said that nephew James RICHINGS's army file indicated that he was NZ-born?   

I have edited  my  post  I made a genuine error we cannot all be perfect  so  I  do humbly sincerelyoffer my  apologies to  you Lu   I  am  after all  trying to  help  but  by  giving  you  incorrect  or misleading questions  I  won't be doing  that
regards Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 06 October 07 08:27 BST (UK) »
Jenn,

I searched as much as I could in the Pioneers, Federation and Deaths CDs ...  What I've posted is all that I could find.  There are a few other H*A*SMANs around but they seem to have different parents.

If Annie who m MORININI is the 1846 Annie, she would have been ca 16 when she married - not all that uncommon in those days.  Rachel who married (1) CAMERON, (2) PARKIN was ca 17 when she first married.  It rather stopped me in my tracks when I saw the deaths of Rachel aged 89 and her daughter Cath aged 72 in the same year (1938) - then I did the arithmetic and realized it was right.

JAP

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 October 07 01:16 BST (UK) »
Hi     Jenn    and     JAP

~    thanks so much .....   and WELL DONE  !

:)        :)       :)      :)      :)      :)      :)       :)

[forgive me "overdosing" on the smileys - perfectly justified though - read on ] -

----     F O U N D    -----

(yes, at five o'clock this morning I "dug" this one up) !

From Christchurch City Council (NZ) Cemeteries database:

"MORININI :       Anni     (sic)
Died :         Tuesday, 26 May 1931
Buried  :     Sydenham Cemetery (Ch.Ch.)
Age  :          85 years      ~       Widow
Place of Birth:      VICTORIA
Years in NZ:         Unknown     (Grrrrrr  ! )
Address:     62 Hoon Hay Road, (Ch.Ch.)  "
                      ------------------------------
1931 - less 85 years  =   1846  (birthdate) !
She's most likely to be "Ann Amelia" (Annie) - isn't she ?
Will however, order the death cert. first thing tomorrow!
(The address above, Hoon Hay Road, is given in the probate record of Thomas RICHINGS (son), too).

Seems she perhaps did not actually marry Mr. RICHINGS ???
(Will check NZ indexes for births reg'd in name of "MORININI" - that could be where I find Lily, Thomas and ?).

As for Mr MORININI (Alexander)   .....   well, that might be a whole new - (and perhaps, exciting) - story ?

At VIC Records Office -Outwards Passenger Lists (online), I discovered :

"MORININI - Mr. A.   and,  MORININI - Mr. Emile,  from (Port) Melbourne, 4 May 1866, destined for London, passengers on the (ill-fated) "General Grant"  !    [The "General Grant" (this particular 1866 voyage), was the famous shipwreck.  She was laden with gold and sank in/off the Auckland Islands, south of NZ, on 14 May 1866.    Only 10 of the passengers survived, but they weren't rescued until 1868 !
Their survival, is a truly inspirational story]:     The "Morinini's", weren't on the survivors' list   !

If this "Mr. A." was in fact,  Annie's man, then what pray, was he doing, skyvving off to London ?????

Why did Annie go to NZ  .....  just where and when did she "hook up" with Mr. RICHINGS  ....  was he her "local butcher "  ....  (sorry, couldn't resist the butcher bit)  ?

Ah, TOO MANY questions !

Best I put my RICHINGS search on hold for now ~ till I get the death cert. for Anni / Annie.      I'll get back to you though with the outcome.

Till then  .... CHEERS again for all the great help given.

Kind regards

Lu
(in NZ  ... but possibly of Aussie descent ? ? ?)     ;D

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 07 October 07 02:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Lu,

That is just the greatest news!

I can't wait for the next instalment.

JAP

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 07 October 07 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hello  there  Lucy

So  if  that  follows  through  and  she  didn't marry  Richings  and  the  two  children  were born  in NEW ZEALAND  under what  name were  they registered? 

also  re Japs info
An Annie HEASMAN (birthplace not listed in the index) married an Alexander MORININI in 1862 and they had a daughter Amelia in 1864 (with Annie's surname indexed as HAESMAN).  Annie might be the 1846 Ann Amelia - one

Does  that then  mean  they  had a  half sister as  well,  if  so  what happened to  her?

also re your query Lu
Why did Annie go to NZ  .....  just where and when did she "hook up" with Mr. RICHINGS  ....  was he her "local butcher "  ....  (sorry, couldn't resist the butcher bit)  ?
well perhaps  you  are on  the right  track  he may have had a very good cumberland sausage on offer 8)

regards Jenn
HAIR, Durham,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
VAN REYK Sri Lanka

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 08 October 07 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenn

[Have just picked myself up off the floor - still laughing at your cumberland sausage remark .... very good ]      ;D

Re:   Your Questions in Post # 23 :

1:     Lily RICHINGS and brother Thomas:     NO, can't find births registered for them under that surname (or any variation of it) in NZ.
 -     Lily's marriage cert. and death cert. say she was born in "Blenheim"

-      Thomas's marriage cert. and an affidavit on his divorce file, record birthplace as "Blenheim":

I'm guessing .....

a)     NZ born, but births NOT registered at all !

b)     NOT born in NZ (just perhaps led to believe they were):

2:    Amelia - born 1864 - d/o Annie HEASMAN/HAESMAN and Alexander MORININI:

Have checked NZ marriages for her -  NOTHING.
Quick search of electoral rolls / directories for both her and  mother Annie (in Christchurch area)  ... again,  NOTHING.
I'll keep looking for Amelia in NZ but think perhaps an AUS search might be a good idea also.     It may be that she didn't accompany her mother to NZ ?

Yes, Amelia would have been a half-sister of Lily and Thomas.     There is also probably a "brother" RICHINGS
- the father of James RICHINGS  (b. c. 1890)  (James' Army file gives next-of-kin as "Thomas RICHINGS - uncle" ) :  This is Thomas, brother of Lily,  (which also means that Lily is James'  "Aunt").     Hope that's not too confusing?

Regards

Lu

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 11 October 07 09:00 BST (UK) »
Hi    JAP    and     Jenn      :) :)

* * *     NEWS     FLASH   * * *

She's MINE !      She's   MINE !

Death Cert. just received:

Annie MORININI  ~  widow  ~  d. Christchurch NZ, 26 May 1931,  aged 84  :   Born:    Melbourne, VIC
Parents:  William and Jane Elizabeth HEASMAN (no mother's maiden name given) .
Married:   Melbourne, VIC to Alexander Morinini at age 16
Father's occupation:    Millwright  (ie : master craftsman /
skilled tradesman who made and repaired mills).
Living issue :     1 x Male aged 59  *
Years in NZ :    66

* Living issue - this is Thomas RICHINGS (I've re-checked his marriage cert. to find he was aged 24 in 1896 ... whoops ... death details suggest he was 90 (1958) b.c. 1868).     Lily died in 1917 and if there was another son then he has either died before 1931 or, died outside of NZ.
Nothing located in NZ death indexes.

And, here's the JUST FOUND bonus bit !

IGI  ~  Jane Elizabeth AYLMORE /  William HAISMAN (oh dear, all these different spellings)   married at Saint Dunstan, Stepney, London, ENG.  on 18 July 1836 :

more still  ......  from PRO - VIC - Asst. British Immigrants:

HAISMAN - William (25),  Jane (22),  with  Jane (3) and Mary Ann (1 year)  ~   Ship "Alexander"  ~  December 1841 :
I'm presuming these are "mine"   ....  and  two wee daughters, I wonder what happened to them ?

But there's Annie to ponder .... arrives NZ c. 1865, with or without daughter Amelia?    This was the time of the gold rush ... lots of fellas to choose from  ...  she finds Mr. RICHINGS, the butcher   .... hmm ... wish I could, as I'd set out to do,  FIND him also !     Hey, I'm not complaining, the result I've got, with your help, is beyond all expectations !

Many thanks again for your contributions ~ truly appreciated .      :)   :)

Kind regards

Lu

PS  for   JAP : 

re: Post # 13  ~ Annie and Alexander Morinini - daughter Amelia born "SAND" (1864) :
Just wondered if you might know what district / area, "SAND"  represents please ?    (I did try ... worked out all the other abbreviations ... this one's got me beat!): 
Thanks    :)

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 11 October 07 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hey  there

SANDHURST  (maybe)

regards JEnn
HAIR, Durham,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
VAN REYK Sri Lanka