Author Topic: Bleazby's Ballinacurra and Rosscabery  (Read 9945 times)

Offline flinders

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Bleazby's Ballinacurra and Rosscabery
« on: Friday 05 October 07 13:42 BST (UK) »
I am hopeing someone can take some photos for me
Grave of WiLLiam John Bleazby senior died 1881 Jan 18th buried with his wife Maria in Ross Cemetery - and maybe see if there are any other graves of Bleazby's or Beamish or Hungerford

Gates -  of Bleazby Hall Rosscabery
and Roury House

I am trying to find when Bleazby Hall was built - or was it brought by the family and renamed

there is William John Bleazby junior - of Roury House - only have him up until 1885 - don't know when and where he dies - or when the house goes out of the family

thee is a daughter Charlotte Ann - living in Bleaszby Hall until 1885 - but don't know what happen's to her -

Would like to try and conncet the Samuel and James Bleazby's of Ballinacurra to the Rosscabery's family

If anyone can shed any light on the families I would be greatful

Mornington peninsula History - Flinders Cricket and Football club - HMAS Cerberus History

Offline lormar

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bleazby's Ballinacurra and Rosscabery
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 October 07 02:38 BST (UK) »
Hungerford and Beamish fit into my family. www.radleysofcork.bigpondhosting.com.   Lorraine

Offline flinders

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 October 07 02:58 BST (UK) »
William John Bleazby married 1840s Maria Hungerford - both buried Ross Cemetery
their daughter Maria married Richard Beamish - beleived to be related to Henry Baldwin Beamish
If you go to the Irish News on line there a few dates you maybe interest in
6 Aug 1873 - has Beamish and Bleazby together in a estate notice
14 Nov 1881 - death of William John Bleazby senior - and court case with daughter and son over property rights

Hope we can help each other

REgards Flinders (Toni)
Mornington peninsula History - Flinders Cricket and Football club - HMAS Cerberus History

Offline flinders

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 November 07 08:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have found a few more things
have you been to this site
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=slogrove&id=I4372

if you follow it you may fing your tree adds in

I have since found out that my william john bleazby - wife was more like to be a Smithwick
as their 1st son was Samuel Smithwick Bleazby - dying about 1847
the Bleazby family moved to Rosscarbery Sept 1835 from Cork - jsut a few months after their 2nd son William Jon junior was born
there were 2 daughters Charlotte and Maria - who married Richard Bemish

Offline Bill12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 11:29 GMT (UK) »
St. Fachtna’s Cathedral Cemetery, Rosscarbery, Co. Cork

The following inscriptions were sighted during our visit in 2010 - (this reply is probably far too late for you!):-

William Bleazby
Died 18 January 1881
Aged 76

His Wife
Marie Bleazby
12 July 1879
Aged 73.

I have a photo of the  actual headstone, but this site does not allow me to send it as the file size is too large - if you would like it sent separately please let me know.  I am a descendant of the Ballinacurra Bleazbys and have just started researching them - if you would like more info on them please let me know.
Bill

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Don't know if either of you have looked at the following site...

http://www.landedestates.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/estate-show.jsp?id=2650

ps... if/when either of you get back to Elizabeth Bleasby who married Edward Creed 1748 I would be interested to hear what you find.  Edward b1721 was a tallow chandler in Cork, at the same time there was a William Bleazby who was also a tallow chandler in Cork... I'm trying to work out  Edward and Elizabeth's children and the Bleazby connection.

thanks
Jenny
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Please scan at 300dpi minimum to help save the restorers eyesight.

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 January 12 12:04 GMT (UK) »
I also assume you have looked at http://thepeerage.com/p27711.htm
Please acknowledge when a restorer works on your photos, it can take hours for them to work their magic

Offline Carrie2161

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 14:19 BST (UK) »
I realise that this is a very old post but if anyone is still listening, Charlotte Bleazby is my 3 x Great Grandmother and she married Robert Travers Smyth, I have traced the Smyths back to around 1600 and know loads about them but not much about the Bleazbys, so any information at all would be useful.

My Charlotte Bleazby got married in 1834 in Rosscarbery so it's unlikely that she's the daughter of John Bleazby and Maria Smithwick as she's too old to fit the c1832 birth date given by thepeerage.com. At a guess she must have been born around 1814.

Robert and Charlotte were both from Rosscarbery and moved to London after the Potato Famine and most of the other Smyth siblings moved to Australia and New Zealand at the same time and the Bleazby Smyth name has been continued over there - I have had the entire Aus family tree sent to me in PDF from the Aus and NZ cousins so I have some information on that side of things.

I would be interested to know more about Charlotte's ancestors and about Bleazby Hall and the rest of these guys: http://landedestates.nuigalway.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/estate-show.jsp?id=2650

Cheers! :)

Carrie

Offline jc26red

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Carrie
Are you the tree owner on Ancestry for the "smyth family tree"?  You have a birth date of 1807 on there
Jenny